PDA

View Full Version : Pinkenba  Friday night

rando
03-12-2005, 09:59 AM
I took a couple of pots down to pinkenba last night , in for 4 hrs only got 1 jenny . Threw the net for a while to see if any prawns around but only got small mullet. Ran a couple of livies for a couple of hours but didnt get a run. At least ive got some fresh bait for my next trip.
rando

Lone_Wolf
03-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Top effort mate, points for trying, my thoughts are ya gotta get your hours up to get the big ones. Can't beleive you didn't get any crabs after that rain, did ya try Boggy Creek? Was there any storm activity?

land_based
03-12-2005, 12:45 PM
I got some bucks in boggy creek about 2 weeks ago.

rando
03-12-2005, 10:57 PM
LW,
No mate, didnt try the creek, Just the river a bit west of the ramp.
Im land based so I just wade out as far as my courage holds, then chuck the pot as far as I can. I have really long ropes on the pots and just tie them off on something.
No storm activity , a few brief gusty periods during the evening, and some lighting out west as I was packing up to go.
Rando

MidgieFood
04-12-2005, 01:42 PM
The doctor at my work has been fishin round that way on the change of tides and picking up some very good bream. Unlucky nothing smacked ya poddies.
:)

rando
04-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Yeah Ive had cod , sharks, and monster catties there in the past, I was hoping for a cod or a flattie. Iwas trying to keep them in the vicinity of a little patch of rocks and gravel.

Fishin_Dan
05-12-2005, 09:30 AM
If you go past Pinkenba, there is a park you can get to Boggy Creek itself. Directly in front is a channel with a sandbank at the back before dropping into the channel proper past it. I've caught some very good flatties, bream, and whiting off there. To the left of the park is mangroves, that should hold some good muddies.