PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Sunday mud island report

Lager
05-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Headed out early on Sunday morning with Craig the deckhand for a plastic session at mud. Beautiful morning on the bay and as expected there were lots of other boaties who had the same idea. After an initial fish on the western side of mud for alot of undersize squire we decided to chase around the pelagics but only managed a few tailor who must have also been chasing the bait schools. The baitfish were very small so it was hard to match up the slug size. We returned back to mud and Craig managed a nice 54cm squire on a 4inch powerbait. Top morning on the bay and the fish was a bonus.

Nathan

Billo
05-12-2005, 03:12 PM
nice squire !

was there much bait in the area ?

Argle
05-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Nice fish - excellent for Sunday lunch [smiley=chef.gif]

Scott_Watson
05-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Good pan size 8-) Craig.
What depth were you fish'n?

Cheers,
Watto

SURLY
05-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey Watto the depth was around the 25 feet mark. Mind you fishing was very slow with probably only about 9 fish hooked in total. We definitely gave nathan's new boat a workout with all the ground we covered.

Nathan actually got it wrong, it was actually caught on a 5 inch berkley. It was one of those greeny white colours (fluro). I have never had much success with this type before but gave it a go as the water was very murky compared to last time when we were out.

The interesting thing is, this one along with my personal best that i caught last week were both caught around the 8am to 9am time slot, even though we usually start fishing around 5 am.

Cheers

craig

SURLY
05-12-2005, 04:41 PM
And Billo, we saw a bit of bait around although as nathan said they were very small. Actually when i hooked the squire it was directly underneath the baitfish school.

Cheers Craig

aquarius
05-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Nice squire there guys.......We found heaps of bait schools around mud on Sunday.......maybe thats why the fish weren't hungry........too well fed on fresh bait fish.
Cheers Brent