PDA

View Full Version : Bad Weather Bruises and Fish

scroman
05-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Bad weather part two with a few extra bumps and cuts thrown in. Two odd weeks ago my cousin and I had a great morning on a few good snapper and a couple of jew but the weather was less than average ::)
Yesterday arvo - low tide 4.45pm - we set out to cross the Tweed bar in search of some livies and then some jew at 3.30pm ::) ::). Having just acknowledged between ourselves that it will be a little lumpy we set forth with determination and a large amount of stupidity and impatience :-X
Cut a long story short - at the point of no return we were in the middle of the bar with the worst pressure waves only 10-15 feet apart in a 22 foot tub of lead. We came down the back of one and were broken on by the next as we hit full throttle to clibm it. A couple of things i remember - 1 lots of white water, 2 feet leaving the ground, 3 lots of white water, 4 feet not finding the floor, 5 lots of white water, 6 lying face up under the steering wheel with cousin saying yes Ive got jocks on now get up. Quickly standing to cheers from the north wall and pins and needles in my toes we ventured forward to "now lets catch some fish" :'( ;D
The weather did not improve with a steady sloppy northerly making my inability to stand even more challenging :-/
got to our mark and jigged some livies and small squire - jewies love them :-X
Very quiet till the water colour changed from sun disappearing the ten minutes of screaming drags, gaff shots, blood - mainly mine as usual - and the smell of fresh snapper in the ice box. Sun was well down and the shadow of last light is prime jewie time at this spot :-X Livies out, one on 40lb handline the other a rod. First strike on the handline - hooks pulled. Reset as the rod let fly with a howling run. 5mins of pump and wind and a nice jewie of 12kg comes over the side. 2 more losses indicated we were on the way to heading home. Up anchor, coldie for the trip, I mean medicinal purposes ;) and we were back at Fingal at 10pm.
Still feeling less than average I left everything on ice and showered and crashed :'( :'(
Still the sight and smell of fresh snapper is worth the bruising.

scroman
05-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Cousin with the jewie

scroman
05-12-2005, 03:09 PM
My right bum cheek after landing on the fibreglass fuel tank moulding
Sorry if partial nudity offends some viewers ;D

Billo
05-12-2005, 03:10 PM
thats gotta give you the sh!ts ...,.brilliant weather untill the moment you head for the bar

sounds like it was reeeeaaaaal close ...bet your still freakin out

nice ass......ets ;D

thats a thumper jew ....sounds like you deserved it

Scott_Watson
05-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Man thats one helava brusa [smiley=bigcry.gif]. I dont think five rounds with mundine would be a pinck on that mother.

Good to see your day didn't end up to bad considering.

Cheers,
Watto

Holy_Mackerel
05-12-2005, 04:42 PM
wohhhh haha bet you know you're alive now! Or thankful that you are. haha, I'm only glad it wasn't me.
On the fishing side of things, well done. Haha, I can't get over that bruise! And yeah, I reckon even a nice jew like that's not worth it, but, you got the jew and I didn't so... haha fantastic!
You some crazy boys.

Black_Rat
05-12-2005, 04:51 PM
:o ouch ;D that hurts !

shut_up_and_fish
05-12-2005, 04:54 PM
arsy buggers aint ya's

lollololollooollllloooll

masterdusky
05-12-2005, 05:07 PM
man that bruise hurts me just looking a tthe pic...nice fish though...worth the rough ride ..but orth the bruise...HMMM Ill take a rough bar crossing anyday but not the bruises.. :D

Willo
05-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah Sroman
There nothin like the Tweed Bar on the last of a run out tide pressure waves to get ya adrenilan goin :o ;D the old eyes end up the size of overcoat buttons ;D

Jacksta
05-12-2005, 05:19 PM
yer mate that bruise is not cool :o but the fish are :P great stuff

bidkev
05-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Mate, trying to fool us with a report just so as you can show yer arse is pretty low! ;) ;D

Seriously mate, you deserve a couple of decent fish for what you went thru with there. Well done, and don't forget that the worst experiences are the ones that you learn most from.

cheers

kev

cuzzamundi
05-12-2005, 07:26 PM
crikey that's gotta hurt! at least you got some ripper fish to make it all worth while! let's hope your purple arse attracts some purple bruisers of the real kind, lol. great haul.

cuzza

rando
05-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Bummer!!! ;D ;D ;D
Mate thats one close shave glad you came through with only bruises.
Some top fish too
congratulations
rando

fishingnottake
05-12-2005, 08:33 PM
how far out were ya fishing mate, those are some nice fish to,

Why-ting
05-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Thats a little beauty of a bruise mate :o Some good fish though. Were they worth the pain? :D

stonecold
05-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Mate hate to tell ya but that that bruise is gunna get a hell of a lot worse than that b4 it improves. Dont be suprised if it covers dow to your knee by the end of tomorrow. Had one exactly the same on my left butt cheek last year. Ended up having to have the doc (also my brother in law) drain it. Anyway you'll be able to tell the grand kids about the day you bruised ya butt and cleaned up.

well done

scroman
06-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Sorry kingtin - it was'nt really an excuse to show my bum - honest ;)
It was'nt the only one but certainly the most colourful ::)
I'm glad we were in a old pro boat - built to withstand most that we throw at it - could have resulted in a lot worse - all experience tho :-/
we go about 20-30 min from the bar to a large patch of rubble in 28-32m. The jew circle it every ten to fifteen minutes depending on the moon - the snapper are fairly consistent although we had a quieter night than usual on those because we left our berley bombs in the frezzer and relied on cubing :'(
Never mind - still pulled 6 snapper to 7kg and lost more jew than we caught so all good.
Now I have fresh fish and an excuse not to sit on the mower ;D ;D ;D
Hope you all had a safe weekend
Troy

Thunderbird
06-12-2005, 07:51 AM
Hope your cousin had a shave before he gave you that hicky! Otherwise it would of tickled a bit ;D ;D ;DSeriously painfull by the look of that, and i don't think you would of known how painfull till the next morning, but at least you fellas got onto some very nice fish and have a wild story to tell the boys over a couple of ale's.

cheers birdy.

reeldreamer
06-12-2005, 08:34 AM
It could of been a lot worse mate! Great effort!

Mitch

MIKOS
06-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Scoman,

Thats a pretty arsy effort ;D ;D ;D

Well done and nice jewie.

Mikos ;)

flickflack
06-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Top catch Troy , no wonder you sounded a bit offish on the phone. We have had a few close ones coming through that bar on the run out tide its gets really sh# tty. All good once the first reel went off though only starts hurting again when you get home and have to clean the fish.