PDA

View Full Version : Southern Bay round trip 4.12.05

aquarius
04-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Hi Folks, Jim, Steven & I set out from Manly boat harbour at sunup for a plastic session of the southern moreton bay,s shallow and not so shallow reef area,s.
First stop was Huybers where Steven had an instant hookup on a decent fish but lost the battle when the hook pulled......Threw back a couple of small squire so next we headed accross the bay to Harry,s and the rouse channel for the usual grinners but no other fish.
Decided its Mud time so over we went but after circling the whole island in perfect conditions we could hardly even raise an average squire........Ok boys back to Wello for the last hour before full tide.
Stopped in at Green for a legal grassy and then back to our starting point.
Wello produced tripple hookups twice and we managed 4 keepers to 47cms......Should have stayed there all morning but i was keen to give Steven a guided tour of the bay..lol
Hot Morning with plenty of sweat fighting a few good squire......Good mates to keep you company.....what more could you ask for.
Cheers Brent :D

2DKnBJ
04-12-2005, 06:27 PM
G'Day Brent
I saw you over at Mud and was going to drop over and say G'Day but you took off before i could.I was sitting near the isolated danger marker on the North.Next time i will have to be a bit quicker.
Not too many fish caught by myself either but was a magic day to be on the water.
Cheers Dazza

outsiderskip
04-12-2005, 07:03 PM
hi brent
nice fish

cheers pete

aquarius
04-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi Dazza, Mate the fish were very quiet this morning so i was determined to try and find some .
Didn't want to stay too long in the one place if they weren't on the chew.
Next time hope we can say Gidday.
Cheers Brent ;)

Steven78
04-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the perfect day Brent #;) Those Squire pull hard at Wellow. I could believe how much area we covered and still Wellow had the goods. Tammy was happy that the #G'loomas GLX caught it first legal fish. Now i am going to dull the sunburn and last night hangover with a few more beers. ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM for an other weekend (:

Edit Spelling ):

Lager
04-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Nice fish and I have to agree that it was a magic morning on the bay. We were also out at mud and only managed one decent 54cm squire and a few just legal tailor on plastics. Those little toothy buggars make a mess of the plastics!! Plenty of boat traffic and I didn't see many people catching fish.

Scalem
05-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Geez Brent,

And you reckon I covered as bit of ground by fishing Maroon Dam on Saturday. Another 20 litres of fuel and you just about would have got there!! LOL

You still manage to get one or two, good going! ;D

Scalem

Steven78
06-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Scalem we manage to get alot of unders as well and i recall that we had tripple hookups as well ;D . I think there was to much boat activity or fresh in the water and we still had the prefect day on the bay.