PDA

View Full Version : Tangalooma 26th-3rd

imnotoriginal
07-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Hey guys,
spent last week over on moreton island fishing the areas around tangalooma. Overall it was a pretty disappointing week, with not much good weather. Winds were high pretty much all week and we had a few big storms come thorugh which mad elife difficult. Still, I did manage a few fish while I was over there. There are stiull hundreds of big bream under that jetty and they could easily be lured into a feeding frenzy with breadcrumbs and tuna oil. Caught a few of them the first few days we were there, but the wind picked up making floating baits out extremely difficult. There were also plenty of garfish and blue puller whicxh were brought out by this berley trail. At night, the pike were there for all once more and were caught pretty easily, particularly on softies. I did end up throwing one out as a livie one night and it came back in half, so there are still plenty of toothies out there. There were also trevally jumping everywhere off the end of the jetty. Floating poppers were working well, but unfortunately my only one was lost when a bigger trevor managed to take me under the jetty after a short fight. Great fun on 4lb line :D. A couple of bigger specimens were taken later in the week on jigged raiders, with one going 54cm. On the beach there was no luck, with two sessions of sp casting resulting in feeding the local toadfish population a healthy diet of plastic tails. There was just no hope for the flathead with those buggers round. Anyways, that is my report for the week. I will be back there again as of this saturday with a much bigger supply of poppers. If any of you will be round the area let me know, always looking for some fishing buddies.
Joel

Scott15
07-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Trevally on poppers, awsome stuff.very fun indeed

swaggie
07-12-2005, 11:06 PM
we will be out there from wed 14th joel, camping at the wrecks with a red toyota surf and quintrex bay hunter in tow (you wont miss us we will be the ones bogged lol) call by and say hi

imnotoriginal
08-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Excellent, I'll be the fella with the red camelbak. Looking forward to some good fishing.
Joel

DaneCross
08-12-2005, 10:40 AM
I did end up throwing one out as a livie one night and it came back in half, so there are still plenty of toothies out there.
There sure are mate. I was there recently watching the dolphin feeding at night and there was a little 2-3ft toothy swimming around just out of the direct light.