PDA

View Full Version : Little Red Devil

Why-ting
06-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Went down to one of my little jack creeks in brissie with luke-snapper this afternoon. Started off trolling and casting around some rock bars in the creek ended up with a little cod on a little flatz rat (blue/yellow) No jacks so got some livies, anchored up and set the rods. About an hour later something smashed one of the bigger mullet i had out (25cm) took off like there was no tomorrow. Pushed up the lever and.............. pulled it out of his mouth. :'( Upon checking the mullet there was 2 big slices down one side proberly from a big jack. SPEWIN! 20mins later another run. hooked this one and tried to brick me but we wern't going to have that. stuck it to him and a nice little 39cm jack came to the net. Couple of quick pics and released him. Fished for another half hour and had to leave or we would of been stuck in the creek for a few hours so left it at that and headed for home. Season now stands at jacks about 20 Whytey 2 and luke 0. Luke would of had a nice one last week (around 50) if someone hadn't of stuffed around getting the net tangled in everything in the boat before it pulled the hooks beside the boat ::)

Why-ting
06-12-2005, 09:37 PM

land_based
07-12-2005, 01:24 AM
NIce little jack mate, well done.
BUmmer about the one that got away!!!
I'd ask you where you were fishing but that isa silly question i guess!!

Franco
07-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey Why-ting well done!

You playin with my pets again???!!! [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif]

I raised the Red Devil since childbirth, and since I gave him his name everyone seems to make fun of him and put photo's of him on the net!!

He's gonna get shy and be scarred for life soon .... might even need a psychologist!!! Hee Hee Hee.

Nice work. Keep em comin. ;) ;)

MIKOS
07-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Good to see the brissie riv producing jacks.

Nice to see you let it go. ;)

Lucky fish ;D

well done

MIKOS

Why-ting
07-12-2005, 10:38 AM
MIKOS, wasn't caught in Brissie river. It was caught in a little creek in the greater brisbane area. X creek! ;)

cuzzamundi
07-12-2005, 01:35 PM
great effort why-ting! great little spot you got there! on the northside im guessing??? well done.

cuzza

outsiderskip
07-12-2005, 02:34 PM
well done
nice jacks

cheers pete

scatter1
08-12-2005, 10:00 AM
i've heard of fishing heavy for jacks but a lever-drag? do you get many marlin in this creek? ;D

sam

reeldreamer
08-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Nice Jack mate, didn't know they existed down this way!

Why-ting
08-12-2005, 06:04 PM
i've heard of fishing heavy for jacks but a lever-drag? do you get many marlin in this creek? ;D

sam
We usually fish 4 or 5 rods. And usually run baits up to 25-30cm. I personally have had big fish take me round corners of this creek on 30lb. I always thought they were big cod or big jacks but now u got me thinkin, i might go and troll some pakula skirts up there this weekend ;D

danny_Shep
08-12-2005, 06:34 PM
haha, some lovely fish there why-ting, must have been one adrenaline filled session. Great work

danny shep