PDA

View Full Version : bay run 4/12

longtail
04-12-2005, 07:18 PM
headed out in the bay for a solo run today , launched manly at 430am and headed over to the rous channel looking for surface action . didn't find many schools and they were very skittish , couldn't get close enough to them , so decided to head back over to harry's to try for squire and sweeties ;) long story short , 2 sweeties and 1 squire none of any real size , just legal (it's a feed)
conditions were beautiful out there this morning with a lot of boat traffic heading out to the sth passage

cheers
jason

longtail
04-12-2005, 07:23 PM
there was about a dozen boats on the other side of me :o

longtail
04-12-2005, 07:29 PM
rous channel about 8am

skippa
04-12-2005, 07:29 PM
G'Day Jase,

Mate sure looked anice day out there, with a few fish for a feed too, better than work mate. ;D

To be honest I thought Harries would of been busier than the pic, what with the beaut weather and it being Sunday too.

You workin Tues?

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

longtail
04-12-2005, 07:36 PM
g'day tony ,

how'd the bike run go? there was about another dozen boats on my port side and 4 off my stern . not many fish being caught tho , only saw 3 boats pullin up fish.

what ya got in mind for tues? i'm starting to feel crook ::) ;D ;D

jason

skippa
04-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Not to sure yet, will need to check BOM, Seabreeze and Bouyweather to see if its a outside run or another bay jobie.

Bike run was a real hoot, those Harley guys know how to have some fun ;D
I'd post some pics, but not sure if people would want them on a fishing site.

Gotta get these mid week days outta the way before the Xmas rush and shoppers go berserk ..... :o :P

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

Brejen
05-12-2005, 12:48 PM
What a day to be out there in hey Jas. Mate we didn't do any better. We trolled half way to Sydney (felt like it anyhow) but trolled to Palmy not a thing. Plenty of boats on Mermaid reef but we saw no action there kept heading onto Palmy number of boats there as well, but same; nothing in the action Dept. Meet S_Strike, man what a boat. Think they at that stage were having trouble finding fish as well.

We ended up on a little patch of reef of Surfers and only managed some squire and tailor.

Mate when i was talking to u on the Radio we where off Palmy about 8k's out and could still hear you, not bad for the 27meg's really.

What u doing this weekend? The old boy and i and my young bloke are heading for a little camp over trip at the bedrooms. Then if the weathers any good maybe a couple of quick trips outside. U keen.

Brett

SNAFU
05-12-2005, 07:51 PM
hi long tail,

that is me in the middle of the boat shot(4.8 fisher with 90 suzi).it was a top day weather wise.i got 1 squire about40cm and 2 just legal sweeties and 1 good bream.went to mud after that but water was dirty.
went chasing surface fish then.it was real quiet and what i found would not touch anything(mainly tuna).decided to go back to harries for top tide.on way tried at tide lines where birds were working but no luck.then came across big dark patch in water which turned out to be large bait fish (about 3 inches long and lots of them).as i watched about 10 LARGE spotties came through.they came so close to boat i could not get a cast in till they went past but no hits.that was it for about 1 hour.got to harries on top tide but no keepers . the dolfins did alright out of it though. other boats got some keeper sweeties and bloke and kid next to me got a good snapper.will try in morning at low tide weather permiting this week as am on leave.

SNAFU.

longtail
06-12-2005, 04:13 PM
with that many boats out , i thought there would have been another ausfisher around there somewhere #;)
was a magic day on the water though #:)

brett- was thinking of a arvo/evening trip on sat , you still be there then? i'll give ya a call when i'm leaving the ramp ;)
cheers
jason

Brejen
06-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Ya Jas we should still be around. I think Skippa's going to head down Sat arvo as well and Darryl's looks to be coming. Mate you got my mobile, we're not to sure where we'll be but there somewhere. we where thinking of a quick trip outside Sunday morn but will have to play it by ear.

Brett

longtail
06-12-2005, 08:11 PM
brett- this is starting to look like a mini m&g ;)
i was really happy with the new radio on sun , when i was talking to you i was on the nth side of peel . peel is. to palm beach reef pretty good range out of 27meg i think ;D

cheers
jason

Darryl
06-12-2005, 08:30 PM
You owe me a feed now " need a feed" for parking on my spot. ;D

Na good onya jas, sorry couldn't be with ya as lifes a bit hectic at the moment but that should change by the end of the week.

Our as brett says it bloody better , and as he is built like i tank i better get my act together for the weekend.

SCOTTYGC
08-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Longtail

seen you on the highway on tuesday afternoon near springwood

did you get out for a fish on tuesday?

scotty

longtail
08-12-2005, 07:40 PM
scotty- nah mate didn't get out tues , had a minor fuel problem that had to be fixed by the dealer under warranty. thought about it though but it was a bit blowy down at jacobs well.
all fixed now , ready for sat night/sun morning ;)

cheers
jason