PDA

View Full Version : gold coast day trip

danny_Shep
08-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Gday guys,
Me and my brother hit up the gold coast on monday for a few hours, just driving around searching for facant lots near pacific place (not entirely sure if thats where we were located) and casting plastics and hardbodies as we couldnt bring the boat. The enormas amount of fresh in the system and the odd grumpy resident made it pretty hard going, however we did nab a reasonable trevally and a few small bream, along with getting bitten off twice by what was probs a jack. Anywayz, going to noosa on saturday and will have the mates jetksi so hoping to be able to get stuck into the spotties if there around.

hopefuly the pics will work

cheers, danny shep

danny_Shep
08-12-2005, 06:24 PM
trev ;) - notice the amount of fresh in the water

danny_Shep
08-12-2005, 06:25 PM
close up.

danny_Shep
08-12-2005, 06:26 PM
one of the 4 small bream i got, al around this size, boy was it slow fishing.

Scott15
08-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Nice fish Danny!! how do those new atomics go??. nice GT

danny_Shep
08-12-2005, 06:46 PM
hey scott15, haha actually bought them when we arrived, pretty impressive i must say, however also got my hands on a pack of berkely Gulp, green pumkin dropbaits and first cast got smoked by something (guessing jack) had noo chance on 6lb leader.

jackash
08-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Absolutely awesome DANO!!! So p!issed i didn't get to come... far out... oh well not long till noosa and im sure well nab some awesome trevs and hoefully a jack or two there! Well done!!
ASHO

fritzy
08-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Great stuff danno and tommo,
Beaut trevor you got there tom. Is that the best you have pulled on a softie? Should have bought him round mate, i could have filleted and skinned him with my new 40 dollar rapala fillet knife - looks like an absolute beauty. Recon they are just beautiful eating those things.
Great stuff boys, give us a call next time you organise a trip like that, you know i am always up.
Cheers Fritzy

danny_Shep
08-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Asho- yeh cant wait either! gonna be putting in the hours even if i am severly hung over

Chrisso- haha that would have been awesome, still tasted awesome though.

would have been alot more productive trip if we did have the boat.. but oh well.

danny shep