PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Canals

Why-ting
12-12-2005, 11:59 AM
My brothers missus went away for the weekend and took the kids so he asked me if i wanted to come down fo a bream spin on sat and sun. Went to paradise point on sat, fished sovourine Is caught 10 or so bream, cod, plenty of flathead to 67cm, moses perch, gt's and a grassy sweetlip. No jacks >:(

Saturday arvo fished nerang R. Caught a few bream up a couple of quiet canals. Glassy conditions, bream slurping and left the small poppers at home. :'( we just threw lightly wieghted 3in dropshots for some success. moved to Monarco st at top of the tide. Boated 2 more bream, cod and i got a 65cm flattie then the tide started to move and so did we to T.S.S.

Fished here for bout an hour coming into dark fair few hits but pulled alot of hooks. No fish here which is unusual. A few trevs started busting up so we thought we'd go to our favourite strech of the river that always produces trevs. As soon as we got there, there were a few bust ups. As i was rigging up a popper my brother threw in and cranked a plastic across the surface. BOOF! smashed first cast and as we were both throwing the bream gear (4lb) started getting smoked. Gave it too much and snapped the leader. started busting up a little further down so onto the electric and got down there. There was bait gettin smashed everywhere. The fish were pretty decent leaving Big bow waves on the surface in the moonlight. Both casting at the same time and both got smashed. Dave gave his too much hurt again and snpped his leader. I boated mine 67cm big eye lucky to get him as 2 hooks on the front treble and 1 on the back were missing. Next drift dave boated one 68cm. They go hard on the light gear taking around 4-5mins to land. It was a good way to top off the day.

Sunday fish Runaway bay in the arvo for 6 bream and a few more flatties best 58cm.

Why-ting
12-12-2005, 12:00 PM
my trev

Why-ting
12-12-2005, 12:01 PM
daves trev

Jeremy
12-12-2005, 12:51 PM
very nice size for big eye trevs. Poppers are such great fun. Are the trevs pretty much throughout the Nerang and the canals, or are some sections much better than others? If so, I'd love to know where. (hint hint!). Don't do much of this style of fishing and it would be C&R only.

Jeremy

cuzzamundi
12-12-2005, 02:05 PM
great trevors mate, well done.

cuzza

Billo
12-12-2005, 02:21 PM
pity the Jacks didn't give yo a showing :( but very decent lizard , and those trevs would have made for great surface action !