PDA

View Full Version : Sharks off Mud

2iar
12-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Headed over to Curtin again on Saturday morning. Found the reef this time, so that was good [smiley=embarassed.gif], but not a lot about. Grinners and Wrasse.

Had a quick scoot down to Tangalooma, but nothing much doing there, so decided to head back to Mud, chasing bait boils on the way. My deckie is even worse and newer to chucking slugs than me, so we had a bit of fun but not much success.

There was a big container ship just of Mud. It wasn't at anchor but didn't seem to be moving? Anyway, about a nm away from it there was HUGE boil so we ran over for a look. To our surprise, there was a school of about 25 noah's having a fat time carving up the bait fish. My new TSS4 got a decent workout for a few minutes, but I didn't have wire on and couldn't stay hooked up. Great fun though, but they disappeared quite quickly.

What type of sharks were they likely to be? - they all seemed to be less than a metre, and light brown in colour with some black on them.

A minute or so beforehand I'd mentioned to the deckie that it looked a great spot for taking the little fella on the doughnut he's getting for Xmas. Might look for somehwere else now [smiley=grin.gif]

good luck,
Mike

Fishin_Dan
12-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Some sort of whaler probably.... Maybe Black Tip Reef Shark?

If you are going to put the little'un out on the tube, make sure you put a big hook on his ankle.... :o :-X

(Just kidding mate)

Although I've always referred to the water skiers/wakeboarders in the Pine River to Bull Shark Trawlers ;D

cuzzamundi
12-12-2005, 02:07 PM
i agree with dan, black tips for sure.

cuzza

Billo
12-12-2005, 02:18 PM
not keen fo a swim ? ;D

Mad_fisherman
12-12-2005, 06:54 PM
We picked up a couple of shovelys, a hammer head and 2 bronzys just near russel island (I think) on sunday. Stuff all else though....

MAD!