PDA

View Full Version : The three wise skippers and their deckies.

skippa
11-12-2005, 04:48 PM
#( as told by Mrs Skippa) cos the boys were too busy arguing over who was going to do a report... ::)

Three boats set off very early.. while the smart wives were still in bed. Gawby, mistress and the southwind club boat. They did some fishing, gawby skipper vomited three times( good one mate) gawby deckie was extremely anxious to get back ( he was on a promise).

Southwind club boat only took one keeper and of course it wasn't the skipper that caught it.
Mistress caught some fish and the deckie missed out an a huge fish (apparently). The southwind boat stayed on the beach at wavebreak island after the others left (way too early) and skippa got to see lots of topless women on the Peel houseboat. #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=cool4.gif] [smiley=blush.gif] #(no pics fellas this is a family board #;D )

the southwind club treasurer (me) got to listen to a lot of chest pounding and talk of the ones that got away after being picked up later in the morning and joining the boys for lunch.
pics to follow by jason (southwind deckie for the day) #;D :-*

And finally did I hear that the mighty Haines crew got wet, no soaked again not once but twice ... wore a coupla greenies eh Brett .... is ur phone dry yet??

Cheers,
Mrs Skip #[smiley=gorgeous.gif]

maztez
11-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Whats up fellas makin Mrs Skip do ya report wernt ya game ????

Kiktz
11-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Heard you guys on the radio this moring,
Where were the fish ?

gawby
11-12-2005, 07:26 PM
NOW HEAR THIS. >:(
From the President of the Gold Coast Tiny Club. ::)
There was no burly from the ss gawby today. The seas were big and the crew was game. :P
Yes there were fish caught and i might add that we got two keepers amongst the dozen or so we threw back ;)
Might i further add that they were the two biggest caught today by the three boats. Not boasting or anything. 8-)
If any of us thinks they didnt get wet today well i dont know how you could have stayed dry. ;D
Nice to have lunch with you blokes at the peel houseboat at wavebreak island in the broadwater. It gets around for a sunkin boat. ;)
Carnt think of any other rubbish to post but good to put faces to names today. ;)
Graeme

Brejen
11-12-2005, 07:45 PM
ps,
by the way kiktz,
the fish were in the water until they were silly enough to get on our hooks and get pulled in to the boats. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hope you see the funny side of this. :P :P :P :P
Graeme

maztez
11-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Hey gawb good to see it wasnt you laying the burley trail , When i read Mrs Skippas post I thought no thats not right Gawby dosnt do that anymore specially since he supaglued his teeth in ...should have come out yesterday ::) ::)
Terry

Brejen
11-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Good s==t tezza.
That gives you another post.
Youll hit 100 shortly and we have to have drinks
Graeme

maztez
11-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Wots the G O here R U over at Bretts. Gawb using his puta

S-Strike
11-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Brett

heard you on the radio - called your mobile but from the above post it looks like you had some problems with it.

we had a good day except for the conditions - 2 striped tuna, 1 wahoo, 1 dolphin fish, 1 marlin and back in by 1030. - I will post some photos later.

Brad

skippa
11-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Now Graeme, ;)
you know a good reporter ALWAYS makes sure her facts are correct before writing a story. I would say it is lucky you superglued your teeth in or they would have gone overboard when you laid that burley trail... three times... [smiley=sick2.gif]
It was very nice to have lunch withall of you at the peel houseboat. I must say you weren't looking green at all by the time I got there.

cheers mrs skippa #[smiley=gorgeous.gif]

gawby
11-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Terry,
Im back home now after having fresh fish for tea. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
very nice ;D
Graeme

Darryl
11-12-2005, 10:35 PM
It's all rumours Mr skippa started that the mighty Team Haines got wet. ::)He will say anything that bloke too try and gain the upper hand :-X

Now Gawb i heard the mighty roar of a man trying to spew on New Zealand from the 36's mate :D Frightened shit out of me actually , because the force of it sounded like a whale breaching. I tell you what graeme , The way the you were into that tinny of yours today it looked more like a motocross bike.

Bloody thing was out of the water ,more than in it, bit like jumping the triple's. ;D Good rig that tinny though, lots of room and well set up .

S-Strike we tried calling a couple of times but figured you would be a lot further out than us. Glad too see you got a few, you deserve them mate in those conditions though. Bretts phone was floating with mine anyways so explains the trying to ring bit.

Ramp rage was at it's normal level at the Grand Hotel ramp, and at the freedom servo car wash too i might add. I think there were a few lucky blokes out there today, lucky that brett was that buggered he couldn't get out of the car to punch there head right off there shoulders. :D :D

But i will give the tinny club a pat on the back for saving two sinking boats on the ramp. Seems to have been one of those days when some people decided to try and get an insurance claim up .Well done lads.

And as usual caught up with Mrs Skippa for a chin wag for lunch and met graeme and co for the first time , what can i say, as usual top day top blokes and other than getting smoked on 80 lb braid and getting within 40 feet of at least seeing what it was, i had a ball.

Even though the fish didn't really play ball it's still good stuff to get out and have a shit stir with the lads.

Spewin i missed those chicks on that houseboat though. (That's if Tony wasn't telling porkie pies of course) ::)

skippa
12-12-2005, 08:32 AM
kiktz,

Mate they were holding right on the bottom today, with a good sounder (ahem ... Lowrance 107) you could just pick em up on the bottom. we fished the 36's and 24's.

Darryl,

Porkies, mate what can I say, even scored a thump on the back of the head from Mrs skip, 'are you looking at that Houseboat again' and funny how a lot young fellas came around throwing frisbies and balls in front of us #;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
not #to mention the look of passing boats (ie skippers and deckies) a lot of near misses, can just imagine the insurance reports now ..... 'Ran into the back of this packed Houseboat whilst being distracted by 8 huge white pointers'

Back to the ramp by 2.30, no porblem with ramp rage then, straight in and straight off lucky tho, but ahhh buggerrrrr don't park under a tree, car looked like a negative photo of a Dalmation .... full of.... well luck they weren't Pelicans and I unfortunately became the amusement of all.

Yeah gotta agree Darryl, still a fun day out ... I wonder how Brett wedding went tho??

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

Darryl
12-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Tony i think me old mate brett is still in a coma , poor old bastard. :D

skippa
12-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Yeah some young blokes are pretty soft ...... ;D ;D

longtail
12-12-2005, 02:32 PM
well i just typed up a big reply to this and it disappeared >:(
so here's the short version
big thanks to tony for the trip ;)
brett - do ya need a mop mate? :-X ;D ;D
graeme- are ya sides still aching from hurling? :-X :D
david - did ya get home in time? or did she start without ya ?? :-X
darryl - if it's not in the boat it doesn't count :-X ;D ;D

pics to follow

thanks again tony , next trip in my boat ;)

cheers
jason

on the water , gawby looks fine now ;)

longtail
12-12-2005, 02:35 PM
THE FLEET

is that the houseboat tony?

longtail
12-12-2005, 02:38 PM
THE CATCH

longtail
12-12-2005, 02:40 PM
THE CREW

longtail
12-12-2005, 02:45 PM
my son with my squire

gawby
12-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Good pics jason.

Ha Ha chemmy i beat you

Graeme

skippa
12-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Yep,

That's the one Jase. You'd be suprised how many boats managed to get between the beach and houseboat and how many kids, errr young men, there where all of a sudden throwing frisbies and balls around ......

Looks pretty placid in the pic but it sure got hot later on, whole top deck full of blokes chasing a few 'white pointers' ...... aaahhhh ya gotta love the Gold coast eh ;)

I'm up for a deckies job next trip.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

longtail
12-12-2005, 07:33 PM
almost forgot tony , here's that pic of your snapper....er squire :o ;) ;D ;D

cheers
jason

ps- your welcome as deckie anytime mate....might even convert ya over to the tinny club :-X ::)

skippa
12-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Geez Thanks Jase .... I think

Thought that photo was deleted #::)

But seriously I have got REALLY BIG HANDS THO ;D ;D ;D

and to think I went to the 36's for that monster, oh well its bigger than the trophy fish in the new XXXX gold ad at least .... #;D

Cheers,
Tony #
Convert to the Tinnie club ... only if its one of Col's #;)

gawby
12-12-2005, 08:04 PM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
jeepers how long did it take you to haul that one in skippa ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pres T/C
Graeme

longtail
12-12-2005, 08:15 PM
graeme- it was a solid 25sec fight ;D ;D
i even had the net out ready too ::) ;D ;D

t/c member
jason

Brejen
12-12-2005, 08:28 PM
First thanks to Tracey for the report, geez Tony she looks after you.

Great day again, great company again and a couple fish as well.

And all i have to say about the water is if the mighty Haines didn't get in the way you other two would have been in real trouble ::) . What a shower we had and big thanks to Darryl for grabbing my phone first but unfortunatly just not soon enough :'( . All that and we were only just moving should been hootin stayed dry then, bugger having to pull up for them damm Southwinds and Stacers ;D ;D ;D ;D .

GAWBY assures me he wasn't sick. bloody amazing in that slop. But have to say he's been good of late.
Not to sure what happened to DAve he was home for tea so wasn't an alnighter.

Good pics Jas and lucky u brought your camera, should a left it with Skippa tho then he might a got some pics of the pointers. Nad great to see the face on the young bloke.

Brad tryed to get you on the radio and now i know one of the missed calls that my phone can't tell me who it is ::) ;D . Great to hear you got a couple did you head to where we were talking about. There where a huge flock of munttin birds East of the seaway but weren't doing to much. The water at least has cleaned up a little. Will pm you later.

DArryl don't worry mate i saw the rod bent over i beleive you. Least we got an excuse to go back there. Once again mate top company who knows their way around a boat and trailer. Again soon hey.

Jas that squire of Tony's was that the one we raced back into the 24's for. And Graeme; Tony woulda played that sucker all day on that bloody rod and reel he was using ;D ;D .

Again great day with some top friends.

DAd might have been bit soupy for the old back out there. But next time for sure.

Brett

Darryl
12-12-2005, 08:39 PM
;DTEAM HAINES RAWKS ;D

Brejen
12-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Like it Darryl. Might be some stickers in that... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Darryl
12-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Indeed, i'm on it. ;)

Gotta keep this tinny club that's forming in line mate. ;D ;D

Brejen
12-12-2005, 08:58 PM
MAte love that cat. coulda used it at the ramp and the car wash. Went passed there today and Adam's telling his mother what was happening there yesterday.

Darryl
12-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Hhaah yer spewin i wasn't around when all those pricks started.

Adams an absolute champ mate , that young fella is a bright young fella who knows how too treat his deckies. :D

Next time i will pack the cat in the tackle box instead of the crab pot. :-X

2DKnBJ
12-12-2005, 10:14 PM
How are we Fellas.And Mrs Skippa
Looks like you had a reasonable day out with a few fish caught.Conditions look a bit ordinary though if you own a tinny ::)
So where is the pic of you guys throwing the frisbie around on the beach ;D
Catch up soon
Cheers Dazza

gawby
13-12-2005, 07:30 AM
If i buy this 640 Fish Runner Sport STACER ive been looking at, the big Mistress owner has stated that he will get rid of the haines klunker and become part owners of it. :P
Ill have to buy it just to increase the no of members of the Tinny Club. :D
If i can work out how to do it i will post a photo of it.
Pres T/C
Graeme

Darryl
13-12-2005, 07:53 AM
If bloody brett joins the tinny club i shall retire as deckie and join the mighty Southwind club.

Failing that i could always take out my boat i spose lol. :D

gawby
13-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Hope i did this right

gawby
13-12-2005, 08:05 AM
See if i got it right this time

gawby
13-12-2005, 08:06 AM
Just lay down and look at it and it will look right

Darryl
13-12-2005, 08:10 AM
HAHAHHAHAHAAH Christ i'm glad you operate that boat better than that comp mate. :D :D

S-Strike
13-12-2005, 08:21 AM
Hi Brett

yeah we trolled about the same area and depth as last week - maybe a little bit north. Despite trolling 4 or 5 lures and changin them around all strikes were on one lure only - including one from a marlin 2 foot from the boat when I was winding it in to check it. Problem was I only had one of that lure (4 more have been ordered).

Photos attached - deckies first mahi mahi

S-Strike
13-12-2005, 08:23 AM
wahoo

Darryl
13-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Great colours in the dollie , nice feed there.

Darryl.

gawby
13-12-2005, 10:00 AM
I must say you make me envious. Nice fish and well done.
Graeme

longtail
13-12-2005, 02:09 PM
hey darryl , that's one mean pussy :-X ;D ;D

Brejen
13-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Good stuff Brad. Man those dollies look awesome outta the water. They are my target fish this summer, still haven't got one yet so need to burst my cherry.

Darryl; mate trying to talk him into a new Patriot then id consider the sale of the MISTRESS. ;D ;D ;D.

Brett

skippa
13-12-2005, 07:02 PM
If bloody brett joins the tinny club i shall retire as deckie and join the mighty Southwind club.

Club Southwind Rules # ;D ;D

Can never have too many Deckies Darryl, especially ones that can back a trailer # ;)

Nice looking tinnie there Graeme, I think, looks good on the side anyway #[smiley=confused.gif]

S Strike,

Mate love the dollie great colours, picked yourselves up a good feed .....
only just a bit bigger than my huge snapper... err squire ... err pinky .... ahh bugger it craps on my fish.. ;D

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

gawby
13-12-2005, 08:23 PM
There was this lady that came up to me at the ramp when i had put my boat on the trailer and asked if i was going out to the houseboat. I told her no that i was going home but i would like to get a photo of her as a thought she was a doll. One problem i carnt work out how to get the photo on to show you blokes. Im sure you would enjoy it. ;D ;D ;D
She had these green shoes on. What a treat.
Graeme