PDA

View Full Version : mud - "mozzie mayhem"

allniter
12-12-2005, 03:27 PM
A bit late, but friday nite mark and i fished the mud shallows.......
well we tried to fish in between slapping mozzies and swearing at the friggin things.

caught a few grassies, squire and a cod

and missed two 100 k/m hour runs, snapper for sure ! l.o.l. ::) ::) ::)

the bushmans kept the mozzies from eating us alive,
but hard to fish when they are swarming round your head all night.

in the end we couldn,t stand it any longer and just had to move out wider to escape them
regards darren.......itch,itch,scratch,scratch......

allniter
12-12-2005, 03:34 PM
poiu

2iar
12-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Hey mate,

Have a squiz at this thread:

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1126420617

I was up the Everglades in the Noosa river 3 weeks ago - the mozzies were buzzing the boat like MiGs, and not one bit any of us. My current batch seems to work heaps better than Bushmans, it's much cheaper and smells better. I mixed up another 3 litres on the weekend for a total cost of a can of the commercial stuff...that should keep me going for a while. There's always a litre on the boat next to the sunscreen in those spray bottles used for gardening etc.

Good Luck,
Mike

luggo
12-12-2005, 05:08 PM
You don't know what mozzies are mate , a guy I know was in New Guinea during the war and he felt something rustling around on his chest, he looked down and it was a mozzie trying to turn over his dog tags to see what blood group he was !!!!

Lucky_Phill
12-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey Darren, good to see ya in close gettin amongst the mozzies. I think I saw a Bream in there too ? ;D

Cheers Phill

outsiderskip
12-12-2005, 07:37 PM
hi allniter
good catch for mud a place
which is a hit and miss area

cheers pete

Cheech
12-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Getting a little to far into Summer to head in close. I find them bad enough at the Mud reefs. But if that is what it takes to get grassies like that,,,, I suppose I will have to cover up, spray up, and give it a go.

That is a very good bag. Shame about the ones that got away.

Cheech

allniter
12-12-2005, 09:00 PM
How ya doin up there Phil ,
getting spoilt by the great fishing on offer i bet
bring back the skanky hoe i say ;D

Craig, still got your number ..... we; ll have to hurry up and get something organised for a trip, or at the very least a few quiet drinkies out there one night ;D
i might make a big hat with mozzie net from head to toe.....

actually , i saw a rig like yours out there on friday nite,
i yelled out to the guy " is that you cheech? "
a foreign guy yelled back " me not stuck on the beach"......
so i rolled my eyes and moved on ;D

webby
13-12-2005, 08:12 PM
100klph runs Big snapper, What Snapper ;D Too much Scotch????
Nice haul mate, should have threaded a few of those big scotch greys on the 2/0 :)
Had a late call and went to Caloundra sunday, for not much result.
But if i had a cast net with me could have filled a oil tanker, there was that much about.
Catch you in 2006 mate, and we'll slam dunk some spotties.
regards

rakinray
13-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Hey Darren nice to see that since i got that webbed man offshore you have been gettin a few mate ! Nice lookin feed mate, lets get a trip going soon as the old man said chasin a few spotties !

CHEERS RAY :) Sneaky trip to Caloundra hey Brian !

allniter
13-12-2005, 10:58 PM
yes Brian, a few scotches can affect my imagination , i must admit.... ::)
i know one thing though,
a lot of the big buggers must have died of alcoholic poisoning after sucking on my blood ;D
have a good holiday mate ,
i hope no one else has to sleep in the same room, [ snore,fart,snore,fart] :-X
keep ya legs together,
and catch up when u get back

Ray,
you do love your pelagics don;t you ,
lets all pile in the whittley and chase them in style for a change ;D

dipster
14-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Hey allniter,
great catch, shame you had to go through the grief of being bitten. After looking at the shot of your esky, I wonder whether the "bream" in the top right might not actually be a tarwhine. I know the two are hard to tell apart but from that ones lower profile head, I wondered what your thoughts are from seeing it in the flesh. I have heard that you do get them in the bay but not that much.

Once again, great catch.

burkleybeginner
15-12-2005, 07:29 PM
great catch :o :o :o mate tryed my luck arond mud on the soft plastics no luck couple of hits but nothin decent what bait where you usin ? and what side of the island were you on

allniter
15-12-2005, 09:54 PM
dipster,
i think it was a bream,
only a wee one really, i would have tossed it back
but the deckie was starving or something :-X
beginner,
mate there is much bigger around the shallows than that at night,
no. 1 bait for grassies is squid but whatever u use make sure it is really fresh,
i don't think it matters which side - just do some exploring in the arvo to find a likely spot,no lights,no noise,and berley up !
good luck young fella