PDA

View Full Version : Lukesnapper's first jack

Why-ting
15-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Luke rang me up this morning about 11 telling me they'd run out of bricks (Bludging again) asking if i wanted to go for a jack fish. Ive just had surgery on my knee on monday so jumped at the chance to get out of the house. Being stuck on the couch isnt much fun. Got on the water bout 12.30 and headed for the creek. Threw lures round for a bit no jacks but Luke got a little cod on a prawnstar. Got some bait and anchored up. One of lukes livies had no longer hit the water and he had a run. Little flattie bout 45-50cm. Two more runs to luke and one to me but were all missed. Then i got crabed and played it to the boat it went 18cm. 20min later luke does the same boating a 19cm muddie. After doing a few trips lately with luke targeting jacks, with me having all the success tonight was lukes turn. He gets a run on one of his bait runners and sets the hooks... after the fish pulling... Luke pulling.... fish pulling I net the fish and see its a jack. Luke says what is it.... what is it? I tell him its another cod as he's sick of getting false alarms from cod thinking they're jacks. BLOODY HELL! I shine the spotty in the net and say to him funny looking cod hey mate. He starts loosing the plot "My first jack" carrying on like a little kid on Christmas day. A few high fives and a congratulations mate and he says "yes' now im not a jack virgin" couple of quick pics and released the 40cm red devil to fight another day. He toped the day off finding his popper he lost last week in the trees.

Why-ting
15-12-2005, 10:17 PM
muddies

jackash
15-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Great report mate, similar story when i brother Fritzy nailed his first jack.... the people on a near by sand bank went running to their car the yells were so loud. Well done,
Jackash

danny_Shep
16-12-2005, 04:36 PM
great jack and good report. Congrats!

Jay_S
16-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Nice work mate :oThat is a nice Jack [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]....... Those muddies look full, I bet they were yummy [smiley=chef.gif]

Cheers Jay 8-)

Jacksta
16-12-2005, 05:16 PM
First Jack nice one lol can just imagine his eyes lighting up after you told him it was a cod and then found out it was a jack ;D haha well done

flickflack
16-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Congrats there mate, ;D ;D

lukesnapper
16-12-2005, 06:52 PM
First Jack nice one lol can just imagine his eyes lighting up after you told him it was a cod and then found out it was a jack #;D haha well done

:o :o thats about what my eys did when he shone the spotty in the net! ;)
im glad he played that little prank on me cause it made it the biggest suprise eva! it felt like christmas morning when i was a kid.