PDA

View Full Version : Landbased Breamin' at Cleveland

NeMo84
31-10-2005, 09:26 PM
well had no class today so i convinced a mate to come fishin with me down at Raby Bay. I hadnt been fishing in a while so i was keen as mustard to get out and have a flick. Anyway i got my rod and SP's and headed down, arriving around 11am. Well all i can say is the fishin started off real slow, as it often is at Raby Bay, after 2 hours all i had caught was 4 small moses perch and a pike, i saw the pike and cast right at him and he scoffed the plastic on contact with the water, i know it was a pike but hey there wasn't much else on offer :) anyway after looking around a bit managed to find a spot where some decent fish were actively feeding, ended up pulling 3 legal bream, 25cm, 28cm and the biggest going 30cm. All fish were released to hopefully get bigger and my mate caught nothing haha. I know there are some good fish in there but it can be hard work gettin at them from the shore...Carlos [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gutsy
01-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Good work mate 3 bream can be considered a good day when landbased.

flickflack
01-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Good one Carlos

Fishin_Dan
01-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Way to go mate! You're going to start getting to know that place soon!

NeMo84
01-11-2005, 11:20 AM
thanks guys ;) hopefully soon i'll be able to catch something better than 38cm, thats my PB at the spot so far...

Gutsy
02-11-2005, 07:51 AM
My PB is 38cm to the fork. Caught one at Raby and the other at the Seaway. Both fought hard on 6pd.

Cheers.

straddie
02-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Good one Nemo it can be a bit of fun just slipping down to your local patch of water for a fish. No boat to get ready, fuel up, launch, retrieve and washout.

I wandered down to the Wynnum jetty about 8-30 yesterday morning and threw a few baits in for a bit over an hour. Result 6 bream and a tarwhine, only two legals 27cm and 31 cm bream.

Keep putting yourself in the right place with the fish feeding and you will blow that 38cm pb away in no time.

nabs12
19-12-2005, 12:13 AM
nice work! so where abouts lanbased did you go? imnew to the area and dont really know any spots

manacubus
19-12-2005, 09:16 AM
What type of plastics were you using? The best producer for me on Saturday was a Bloodred Gulp Worm (in pieces about 45mm long) on 1/16 ounce head - three bream to 33cm.

NeMo84
19-12-2005, 11:30 AM
hey manacubus i remember getting some nice bream on squidgies and also the berkley 3" BM, havent tried any of the worm style SP's yet but people seem to be doing quite well with em, might have to be the next style i add to my collection i think...

cuzzamundi
19-12-2005, 05:40 PM
nice nemo. some jacks around the canals there so you may well have encountered one. ew ent to brissy river just past the bridge last night and got aroiund ten decent breambos, so yeah theyre still about. well done.

cuzza

pjfrad
20-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Nice work Nemo.

A pretty good haul for a land based session.

Peter

FOOCKCHUCKER
20-12-2005, 09:32 AM
only a pike. this time of year that pike should be released with a live bait hook and a ballon attached.

FOOCKCHUCKER
20-12-2005, 09:32 AM
only a pike. this time of year that pike should be released with a live bait hook and a ballon attached.

NeMo84
21-12-2005, 12:30 PM
hey foockchucker i have thought about doin it in the past, put one out once but nothing, have u had good success around there fishing live baits? problem is i move around alot always flicking the plastics so i'd have to always keep an eye out on the line thats set with the livie and run back to it in the event of a hookup, its just that i prefer lure fishing than bait fishing so i dont really like to waste time checking lines and re-baiting when i could be walking around exploring new potential spots, oh and coming from a landbased anglers perspective, GOD I WISH I LIVED UP NORTH :(