PDA

View Full Version : Camp & Fish

Burley_Boy
30-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Took the family out of the house for a trip to the pin. Not expected to be much of a fishing trip I just wanted to get the family on the water but you never know so I took a couple of small rods and the TSS4 just in case.

We pitched camp at the bedrooms and had a top spot right on the beach. Come dusk I wandered down to the beach to see if I could find an accessible gutter. With my TSS4 on a 7" beach rod I didn't have much of a chance against the wind so although I persisted for an hour I didn't have much luck. Some blokes with beach rods 100M on managed to land a couple of Tailor of decent size.
Next time it will be the Alvey and my beach rod but it was nice to get out there.

Back at camp we had a great evening toasting marshmallows and sinking a few cold ones. No mozzies to speak of!

Got up in the morning and harassed a lady who was dumping undersize bream and whiting on the beach, she was just shaking them off the rod and letting them drop in the sand. I couldn't help myself so I took the kids with me and told her what I thought about her 10cm Bream fishing. I think she was just amusing herself and wasn't impressed with my lecture. The dead fish was left on the beach for the pelicans.. go figure.

Took my eldest daughter for a bit of a fish using some yabbies later that morning, we ended up on a bank just north of the bedrooms and I let her fish a light rod with the yabbies and I thought #I'd give some plastics a go.
Well we got a few small flatties on the yabbies enough to keep her excited which is really the point but although I persisted I had not a touch on the plastics. I'm going to have to give this a serious go I think and maybe some lessons from flick flack ;)

After numerous dropped fish I showed her how to give the fish a few secs to take the bait before setting the hook. Next thing you know she yells that she got one and we spend a few minutes watching a Long Tom do full aerials on the end of her line.
We landed the 65cm Long Tom seriously gut hooked and don't those fellas have teeth! She was very excited that the short lesson had given her immediate results so she asked for immediate relocation to the campsite to cook her fish for lunch :D
It tasted great apparently and #it looks like we have another one interested in the sport now!

On the way back we had a large pod of Dolphins around us and a couple even decided to race next to us, pretty cool.

Chatted to Brett (Brejen) on the radio and when we spoke it was blowing up outside and they were struggling so hopefully it got better on the 18's.
Anyway that was my weekend and I've got the sunburn to proove it. #Gotta love this part of the world ;D

Burley_Boy
30-10-2005, 07:02 PM
The teeth! :o

Burley_Boy
30-10-2005, 07:05 PM
The site :)

skippa
30-10-2005, 07:27 PM
G'Day BB,

Mate sounds like a great family weekend and in such a beautiful spot too. Love that camp site, right on the beach, boat moored out front in shelted waters, fishin' along the banks, yeah gotta luv this part of the world alright.

We camped a bit further north, by the looks about 100ft, in Feb this year and it was as hot #as hell in Brissy but it was perfect down there.

Haven't heard from Brett yet, except a nasty text about 8.00am this morning while I was at work, how rude .... #:-/ >:( ;D

We'll have to organise a weekend there now the weathers getting warmer, maybe a sorta family style M&G?

Good report BB, always good to get away with the family.

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

Spaniard_King
30-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Skippa,

I will put me hand up for the family overnighter ;)

BB where did ya park ya car/trailer overnight..looks like ya had a corker..I un fortunately had to work :-[

Garry

skippa
30-10-2005, 08:03 PM
No Probs Garry,

It was something we were discussing at the 'blowout' Goldie M&G, a family camping weekend at the bedrooms. Now the weathers warming up we thought the kids might be keener for a swim #or fish. #:-?

Another thought was a day trip across Moreton to Tangas, bit a fish and swim/snorkel around the wrecks bbq lunch on the beach, perhaps even a hill climb up the sandhills too.

Just something to think about, but would be good to do before the Dec Xmas rush of parties #breakups etc.

Sorry to hijack your post #BB #

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

Angla
30-10-2005, 08:16 PM
great read

The pin is postcard perfect at times

Angla

Brejen
30-10-2005, 09:26 PM
B.B great to see the family had a great time mate, nothing better. Looks as tho you might have yourself a new deckie as well. Mate sorry we never got up there but when we came in as usual the waters where as busy as and we decided to go get into the mess at the ramp. What a mess at that near 35mins in line watching all sorts of things going on. We never ended up getting anything in the box but a heap of horse slimmy's keeping them all for the next trips.

But truely couldn't have asked for a better day out there, my two best mates, Dad (MAZTEZ) and Adam my son. The water was just perfect maybe to perfect we where drifting on the 24's at 160m in 1 1/4 hours. What a day got a heap of undersize 30-33cm pearlies this is the second time now in the last couple of weeks we;ve gotton these guys on the 24's good to see for future stocks. Also got couple tuskies saw some boils but never had a go at them. But heaps of bait and some top shows just not hungry, and from the chatter onthe radio listening to the Charter boys even they where having a tough time. Fished livies all day as well as dead baits on the top but never lost a bait. But didn't matter.

Skippa for sure to the camping trip up there the kids are keen as, and be truthful so am I. A camp at BB's Holiday Inn Absolute beach front Cabins ;D . What a way to waste a weekend.

Whats was wrong with text Skippa ::) .

BB mate sent you a PM

Brett

vertico
30-10-2005, 09:34 PM
good old longtoms, caught one longer than me at mooloolaba one day

Burley_Boy
31-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah a family get together would be fun, chances are I won't make it though before we fly overseas 02/12. I think I'm back second week of January. I must be a total goose flying to Europe in the winter :( Leave some Spaniards for me will you! But if it happens before then and I can I'll be there. :)

Garry, I put in at Biggera Waters and left boat and trailer at the ramp.

No worries about the hijack Skippa, it would be great if we finally managed to get a bunch of families together for a get together.

Vertico, that is one heck of a Long Tom. The aerial display this chap put on would mean a 1M version would look more like a Marlin! Light gear makes for a fun fight.

Smailesy
16-08-2006, 12:47 PM
what a great looking spot :)

gregdeeth
16-08-2006, 01:17 PM
what a spot to set up

Crisp_Bee
16-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Sensational Spot for a camp site.