PDA

View Full Version : More cod + bust offs

richieboy
10-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Woke up early to fish the upper reaches of Tinny creek. Arrived at my favourite spot to cast for a few livies and got rained on. Make matters worse the mullet cleared out and I only ended up with about 8 and 2 herring. Oh well. The sun was starting to come up so in the car and off to Tingalpa at spot Y. First cast whack!
There goes the herring. Same thing next cast before I hooked on, landing a small gold spot. Things continued with another 2 small cod coming ashore quickly, both regurgitating my other 2 lost livies.
One actually spat out 2 poddies. Go figure!! :-? :-? Greedy buggers.
As the sun came up I got whaled on an unstoppable before getting bricked in close on the structure. Jack?
Last cast and I reckon I found the culprit. After a 5 minute tussle and plenty of dirty tricks amongst the snags, up pops a 52cm estuary cod.
I seem to be getting plenty of em lately as bycatches, but great fun on the light gear. ;)
Cheers. Pics attatched.

Richie

1. Small gold spot

richieboy
10-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Small estuary cod. spat out 2 mullet on the way up!

richieboy
10-12-2006, 12:52 PM
The 52cm job. Great little tussle......

richieboy
10-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Another from a different perspective. Would you be scared..........

Cheers. Richie

fishphile
10-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Nice work mate, Have been doing pretty well there myself lately will hopefully find that Jack soon.

Dave

favourite_whiting
10-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Nice cods !!! :o
Happy life of fishing
favourite_whiting ;)

Why-ting
10-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Nice cod Rich. Your jack will come soon. my season started a bit like yours with plenty of cod and no jacks but it has improved a little with 3 on the board. Got worked over big time on friday arvo with the biggest jack ive ever seen on the end of my line putting me into a prop on a boat about a metre infront of me in crystal clear water. Easy 60+ Ive thought about it every minute since and it still hurts. Doing alright with that being the first lure donated to the red fellas this year. Persistance will pay off you'll get one soon.

Cheers Whytey

Poodroo
10-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah nice cod there richieboy. They aren't too bad for angling merit and pretty good on the table as well. Well done.

Poodroo

caught-ya
10-12-2006, 04:10 PM
nice work with the cod and ecspecially land based to!!!! :D 8-)

cheers,
bassamundi

chief
10-12-2006, 07:19 PM
nice work richie, that 52 was a nice healthy fish . there is some nice snags up the back of tinny creek. I gave the fish a miss this weekend because of the wind , dam should have done the same as you went for an explore up around the back of the creek.

Dylan_Rylatt
10-12-2006, 08:07 PM
nice fish rich i cant wait to see this spot..... must be quite snaggy there with you getting heaps of cod there... can you fish this week??

Dylan

big_steve001
10-12-2006, 08:21 PM
awesome fish rich, that spot seems to be a keeper keep it up mate

stokesy_86
10-12-2006, 09:58 PM
NIce fish mate..would be happy with that catch!!

Cheers,
Stokesy

richieboy
10-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanx fellas. I reckon there are more cod there than you can poke a stick at. Some bigguns too, with the amount of bust offs. People write off the creek, but if you know where to look.... :-X
The results can be surprising.....

Why-ting: Same spot and dropped my first jack nudging 50cm. Very dissapointing. More too be had tho. If the cod are hanging around, there are bound to be Jacks. ;) Only a matter of time. As for your 60cm job, now that's a pic I would have loved to see.

Dylan: I know you love them cod mate. On dayshift this week. Last week of work so we'll hit it when I'm on holidays.

Chief: you should do that, it's our back yard champ! ;)

Cheers. Richie

moondancer
11-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Well done...land based too!! Great effort

richieboy
15-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Same spot yeterday arvo. Had an hour or so spare so went for a flick. Half an hour was all it took before getting terrorized by the local cod. Got two befoer having to take off. Got my biggest gold spot tho. No tape on him but I'd guess around 40cm.
Cheers.
Richie ;)

PS: couldn't be stuffed re-posting

richieboy
15-12-2006, 07:59 PM
And the bambino!