PDA

View Full Version : Broadwater & Coomera - Sun 24 Dec

For_Steve
24-12-2006, 03:54 PM
I went out with a couple of mates (who are experienced fishermen) for a SP season in the Broadwater and Coomera River this morning. It was a quiet session but I boated 2 small flatties and a nice bream measuring 32cm. No pictures unfortunately.

I learnt so much off the boys today. Everything from knots to retrieves. It was good to spend some time fishing with people who know there stuff and who are willing to teach you. Apart from what I'd picked up from the good folk on Ausfish, I'd been learning about SP fishing mainly from trial and error before this session. Each trip is improving and I'm really loving my fishing.

The wind picked up early from the north and blew pretty strong but the electric motor on my mate's boat made life so much easier. My boat could really do with one - I'll let Santa know next year.

This is 2 fishing sessions in the last 3 days. Great strike rate so far this Christmas break. Hope it continues.

Cheers, Brad.

NormC
24-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Good one Brad. I try to steer clear of the Coomera and Broadwater over Christmas. Too many idiots, but glad you did well.

Put the crab pots in the Coomera a couple of days ago. Had two pots pinched and two other pots raided. Bastards didn't even have the good grace to close up the pots. Bought two good bucks home for Christmas though.

I'll hit the water again after Christmas.

plasticking700
25-12-2006, 09:16 PM
where did you catch your fish in the coomera

For_Steve
26-12-2006, 09:23 AM
G'day Plasticking700,

All fish were caught near the mouth of the south arm. This was only my second trip ever at the Coomera River. I'm trying to expand my locations a bit. I've been fishing around the Pin in recent years, but am now going to be exploring the Logan and Coomera Rivers as well.

Do you usually fish the Coomera?

Brad.

zach
27-12-2006, 12:00 PM
sounds like u had a good day
cheers
zach

peeler
27-12-2006, 02:50 PM
good on ya good report