PDA

View Full Version : Pumicestone passage 30-12-06

Tim_01
30-12-2006, 11:07 PM
gday everyone,

Dad and I set off too the passage early this morning and we were greeted with beautiful conditions, flat water, a few clouds and sunrise ;D . after motoring over to our usual spot we baited and chucked out the crab pots then strarted a drift near the drop-off. Dad baited up as usual and i decided to use an atomic 5 inch fat grub with a 1/4 ounce jihead. After about 15 mins of casting my grub recieved a nice hit followed by another solid hit and the fish was on! After a few powerful runs and a silver flash i expected a trevally to surface but intead a large bream came into view! The last thing i expected on a 5inch plastic! He'd swallowed the grub however it was still unhooked easily, and my first bream on an SP was released ;D . 5 mins later i was snagged by something and once i'd de-snagged that same something took me straight back in and snapped my 10lb leader in an instant :o I tied another grub back on but nothing seemed interested so i changed to a snapback jerk-bait. Second cast and a 38cm flattie came up after a less than exciting fight ::) . Dad caught caught a 30cm sand whiting on a prawn which we kept. Nothing much happended the rest of day :( , a few undersized bream on yabbies along with a stingray and some small sand crabs in the pots. But still a fun day out ;) sorry, no pics this time.

happy new year!
;D
Tim.

SnodgerHunter
31-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Sounds like a good day on the water with some action happening. Well done on the snodger bream!

Cheers,
SS