PDA

View Full Version : Jumpinpin Sunday 7 Jan - late report

slymo
09-01-2007, 09:25 AM
I went out on Sunday with my brother in law. #We left Horizon Shores at around 8am and fished a hole near Tabby Island that I saw on a chart from nuggets website. It was a spot that I have sped past many times. #After sounding around and finding a good hole with a bit of structure that seemed to be holding some fish, we anchored up and started burlying.

We fished the last 3 hours of the run in tide and in that time caught around 30 fish. #:D What I thought was amazing was the variety of species. #We caught 1 cod, 2 mangrove jack, 3 squire, 2 rays, 2 bat fish (I think), numerous Mosses perch and the usual bream and whiting. #We only kept 3 good fish.

We used live blood worms and fresh prawns as bait. #I also had a flick with a couple of plastics and had a couple of nudges, but the rod with the bait kept going off so I called it quits and stuck with the bait.

It went quiet right on the turn of the tide so we went looking for some other spots. #By that time the wind was up so our options were limited. #We found a beautiful and very fishy looking spot in Mackenzie’s channel at the mouth of a little creek. #The water was crystal clear and we could see the bottom in over 10m of water, but we only caught a few bream. :( #We had a look at a couple of other spots along Short Island on the way home with out much action. #We were back on land at about 3 and had a nice chat to a fellow Ausfisher.

We had a great day and one of my best in that area as far as fishing goes. #We kept clear of all the boats around the area south of the Jumpinpin bar as the previous weekend, it was so busy I found it a bit unpleasant! :'( :'(

Happy fishing - Slime

pimp_my_boat
09-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Sounds like a good day on the water.
Good effort slime.
Looks like i will have to give up my local areas that i fish and head down to the pin.

craigie
09-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Slime,

Sounds like good fishing in your new spot mate, well researched !!

Not sure if your aware of this, but the Bream on the centre of your plate is a Grunter Bream and have a min legal size of 30cm.

Cheers
Craigie.

slymo
09-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks Craigie,

I have sent you a PM.