PDA

View Full Version : Second hand roof rack needed

trevcob
27-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Just priced a full length roof rack for a 100 series Landcruiser wagon new $1375 fitted.

blaze
27-04-2004, 04:42 PM
SH**
gold plate i suppose

Big_Kev
27-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Yep you don't come away with any change from 1k when getting the extra bits to attach to the 4x4.
Did they give you the smelling salts trick to make you realise you heard correctly.LOL
With some luck something may come up in the trading post.
Cheers Kev. ;)

Gorilla_in_Manila
27-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Trev,
Yeah my old man stuck one on my 100 series last year, think he said it was around $1100 fitted. Gal, full length baskets and rollers and winch for rooftop boat.
Hope he paid for it out of his cheque book, and not mine, coz I don't think I would have paid that for it.
I've already got a set of Rhino bars for the cruiser. Reckon I would have looked at a couple of lengths of uni strut that would run the length of the roof and gal U bolt them to the Rhinos. Found some second hand luggage cages, stripped the paint off them and sent them (and the unitstruts) to the Darra Galvanising plant (used to be transfield, not sure now) and got them dipped. That probably would cost under $200 or 300 bucks since I already had the Rhino's. Would have to check out if I was violating any insurance clauses though.
Just a thought.
Cheers
Jeff

savagetin
28-04-2004, 11:03 AM
I've got an alloy rack that came off my troopy, don't know if it will fit yours though. Made by TJM I think.
Tony

Crewsin
09-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Try "Scorpion" at Albion , they were fairly reasonably priced at one stage of the game