PDA

View Full Version : View out the Back window !

tonyp
12-08-2004, 05:47 PM
I have a Prado, and the wife drives it round town when I am not towing the boat.

I bought one of those magnifieing glass plastic pads to put on back window to see behind when parking or reversing.

It is useless and all blured. Is there one of these on the Market which is any good.

Thanks.

Zeeke
15-08-2004, 11:15 PM
yeh, spend about $750 and fit a rear vision b&w camera! 6" dash mounted screen and camera can be mounted anywhere you choose, roof or rear towbar mounted, lets ya see everything.. more then one of those magnifying things

Tim

jocool
16-08-2004, 03:11 AM
I have one of those plastic pad thingies. I use it just to get an indication of how far I am from things and it works a treat!

scott_b
17-08-2004, 05:50 PM
tonyp
Mate slip down to the optometrist and get a prescription rear window ,think they make bifocals as well.
wamjam

Sportfish_5
17-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Tony - Don't know if this will help but this is what I do as I dont usually have anyone to help giude me.
Firstly place some small stickers (from any newsagent on a role of 100) around the size of a 10c piece straight up on your back window aligned to the middle of your towball that you can see in your rear vision mirror. Secondly as I always store my boat on a stand and not the jockey wheel it always is at the same height when I back up to hitch on. I have placed another small sticker that aligns exactly with the top of my winch post when I am directly underneath the hitch. Simple and works like a charm first time everytime.

Cheers

Greg