PDA

View Full Version : second hand roadworthies & death trap ?

nisrol
26-08-2004, 07:45 PM
how the hell do some of these inspectors get there certification ? ( yeh thats rite got my 4by ) have had to replace globes front parkers driving lights don't work it's a 7 seater and even the b@@dy rear seats were'nt bolted down so if i had taken the whole family down to pick it up would be real >:( if had to hit the brakes in a hurry kids flying everwhere :-X have done pre roadworthies my self before this is appauling it's suprising the standards of some people.
gives me the feeling if ya want somthing done properly do it ya bl@@dy self and ya know it's done rite :o

bugman
27-08-2004, 04:46 AM
Agree,

Mate of mine bought an MG - car he's always loved - from a reputable Brisbane dealer. He wore the "little" things wrong with it because he just wanted the car.

Get this - the dealer could issue their own roadworthies.

It had a cracked windscreen - heaps of rust - windscreen wipers didn't work - most lights didn't work etc etc but had passed a roadworthy that day !!!!!

Bugman

Sportfish_5
27-08-2004, 07:14 AM
On the other side of the fence - my old man used to do RWCs at his little car repair workshop and gave them away due to dishonest people/car dealers. Several times he had the heavies put on him to pass a car without seeing it but didn't and when they did present him a car for inspection it would have all new tyres etc and pass OK only to have them removed prior to sale. Same with seat belts and all kinds of other sh!t. Really makes you wonder because some of these used car yards were quite large and reputable (dis ????)

Cheers

Greg

caveman
27-08-2004, 03:56 PM
get your own back inform the transport mob, i'm not sure but they can make them fix the unroadworthy things, you can also get the RACQ to do a pre sale/buy insoection for you

megafish71
27-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Dead right caveman. Just mention that you would like to have a RACQ inspection done, and the salesperson will ensure that everything is above board. If they don't want to agree to letting you have it inspected by RACQ just walk out and leave it where it is cause you don't want it. Do yourself and everyone a favour and report this dealer to the transport department.
Ron