PDA

View Full Version : Email about Nissan Spares

Brett_Hoskin
09-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Just received an email along with a whole heap of other people judging by the cc list.

.................................................. ..........................

Jarrod Byrne
Underground Maintenance Planner
Bounty Gold Mine, Mt Holland
Forrestania,
Western Australia
Tel (090) 394 527
facsimile (090) 394 528

Nissan Motor Co (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
C/o 244 Welshpool rd,
Welshpool
W.A. 6106

Attention: Mr Neville Green, General Manager - National Parts

Dear Sir,

I would like to bring to your attention some serious faults in Nissan Motor co. In regard to parts availability, lead times and pricing.

Currently at this mine we have a Nissan W40 civilian bus that we cannot use to transport staff to and from the mine. The reason this bus is not operational is not labour or condition related, it is because of a denial on the part of yourself and Nissan Motor co. To adequately supply your clientele with parts. I give you the example of the following items;

ITEM PART NUMBER QUANTITY BEGGED FOR
NUT NI-01211-00221 10
WASHER NI-40208-82100 10
SEAL-OIL NI-48252-32100 2
WHEEL RIM NI-40800-99071 2
DRUM BRAKE NI-40206-T8100 2
HUB BOLT NI-40222-J5625 10
BRAKE SHOES NI-43060-T9627 1
NUT NI-40224-J5610 10
NUT NI-48226-J5610 10

Of these I tried to purchase, only 3 are available in WA.. It stretches the bounds of credulity that items such as wheel nuts ( a consumable in most of the known world ) are available with a lead time of 4 days-ex east. What resoundingly snaps the bounds of credulity clean in half is that items such as brake shoes are ex Japan ( 6 weeks ). I cannot deny the effectiveness of these components, they not only slow the bus down, they have the ability to stop it stone f#@king dead for 6 weeks! I didn't even bother enquiring availability on such complicated parts such as washers etc-the only washers in stock would be -washer? Wind f#@k out of this customer and tell him it's ex east.

On the rare occasion we have been delivered parts within an acceptable time period, they have been entirely wrong. It is not that the wrong parts are ordered, it is that some of your parts interpreters are so green I couldn't set them on fire with petrol.

These are not isolated incidents, they occur every time we try to purchase parts, from $10.00 hoses, at $104.94 each , through to internal gearbox components that are second only to thermonuclear warheads in their capacity to annihilate all that surrounds them.

It is astounding that in this day of interstate air and road transport at least 6 times per day, you peanuts take 4 days to get a part across the country. May I suggest you stop freighting the parts with Nissan transport vehicles as the 3 week delay in Nissan's 24 hour roadside assist is becoming too much for us to bare?

I could elaborate further on the complete frustration I feel from trying to keep this bus on the road safely. Suffice to say the bus driver now has a firm belief in the afterlife and we haven't ruled out danger money for the position.

Please don't get me wrong, I could handle the first 35 instances of being f#@ked around, (the apologetic kiss from customer support was always welcome ). Now that you’ve turned it into a bizarre form of sado-masochism complete with scratching and biting, I feel I have to complain.......

I look forward to discussing every single frustrating event of the past 8 months with you.

I SINCERELY HOPE YOU C#*TS NEVER BUILD PLANES

Yours in utter amazement,

Jarrod Byrne

CC.
MR JOHN COSTELLO MANAGER,FLEET AND SPECIAL MARKETS, NISSAN AUSTRALIA
MR BRUCE ANDERSON MINE MANAGER, NORMANDY MINING
MR IAN BIRD U/G MANAGER, NORMANDY MINING
MR DEAN HUGHES U/G MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, NORMANDY MINING
MS JAN EVANS SITE SECETARY, NORMANDY MINING
MR ROBERT WHITING PURCHASING OFFICER, NORMANDY MINING
MR ANDREW MOSES OWNER, HOLLETON EARTHMOVING
MR PETER CUE OWNER, WORKFORCE PLANT HIRE
MR HARVEY KING REGIONAL MANAGER, MONADELPHOUS
MR ALEX COOPER DIVISIONAL MANAGER, MONADELPHOUS
MR RAY MILLER TECH. SUPPORT SUPERVISOR, MONADELPHOUS
MR REX ANDREWS CHIEF PURCHASING OFFICER, MONODELPHOUS
MR EDDY LOK MECHANICAL SUPERVISOR , MONODELPHOUS
MR JOHN ECKHART FABRICATION SUPERVISOR, MONODELPHOUS
MR PATRICK McKENNA STATE CONTRACTS MANAGER, ATLAS COPCO
MR TED CORDINA PERTH SERVICE MANAGER, ATLAS COPCO
MR GERRY O'CONNOR CONTRACTS SUPERVISOR, ATLAS COPCO
MR ALEC TYRELL CONTRACTS SUPERVISOR, ATLAS COPCO
MR MICHAEL GANT WORKSHOP SUPERVISOR - PERTH, ATLAS COPCO

AND

EVERY PERSON I TALK TO BETWEEN NOW AND WHEN I GET SOME SATISFACTION

megafish71
09-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Gee, I think Jarrod is a little upset :( >:( :(

Gorilla_in_Manila
09-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Excellent read.
Structured, informative.
Jarrod's obviously wasted in the maintenance planner position.
;D ;D ;D

Brett_Hoskin
11-09-2004, 03:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH

Sportfish_5
11-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Brett- I would complain to your ISP as that is a very old email to be just receiving. Normandy Mining has not existed for some time and one of the guys on that list from Atlas Copco currently works with me and has done for quite some time.

Small World.

I'm sure Jarrod got the reply he deserved ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Greg

davo
15-09-2004, 07:53 AM
Yeh, You should have seen the one I wrote to Mercury Marine a few years back. >:( >:(

Big_Kev
16-09-2004, 07:59 PM
It is funny in parts.
But he has let himself down and has been very unproffesional for a man in his position.
:o :o

darren
25-09-2004, 12:34 PM
I think he was the one let down ??? and after that what type of professionalism should be shown :-X maybe after the bus crashed :o

Big_Kev
25-09-2004, 03:00 PM
You miss my point Darren.
He was let down in service for sure. He has backed his claims up, and some of his comments are the funny bit.
But he has stooped to a low level to make his point.
I think he (site planner) would have been much better off to maintain respect and address the person (national manager) in the manner of which he obviously expects for himself, rather than letting the emotion of the moment take control. And then cc it to the #aforementioned persons.

Cheers Kev. #8)