PDA

View Full Version : Triton Turbo Diesel

bungie
26-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Anybody had anything to do with the Triton 4x4 GLS 2.8l Turbo Diesel Ute ??

Interested in peoples thoughts and ideas.

Jack_Lives_Here
27-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Test drove one when they come out on the market in 2002. Impressive bit of gear - very comfortable on the ride. Have seen plenty around on properties and out in western Qld.
The $$$ would just not stretch to what they were asking so bought a rodeo, otherwise I would have snaffled one myself.

deb
27-09-2004, 12:40 PM
We test drove one two months ago. Like all little diesels go great, but they still run out of puff we fairly heavy boat on the back, and when the air conditioning jumps in, make sure you have the foot on the brake if sitting at lights :D :D ::)

bungie
27-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Looking at towing my 17ft fiberglass with it ...... be ok ??? thought the tow capacity was 2.2 ton

deb
28-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Capacity is 2.2 tonne, the chassis rails can take it no probs, but our 5.3m, it needed a little bit of effort going up the hill at QE2, which to the dealers credit, allowed us to tow/test the boat. At this point, we've just done a inchassis rebuild in the old mq and put off buying a new diesel ute, till a bit of a motor change happens.
Do what we did, ask the dealer for a test drive with your boat ;)

bungie
28-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Go idea :)

caveman
28-09-2004, 04:08 PM
i have one and if you are going to tow any weight don't get the 2.8 get the navara with the 3.2 they have a lot more grunt, the triton has plenty of power in the hill until you put a load on it , i wish i had of gone the V6 again i was thinking the diesel would be a lot cheaper on fuel, it is a bit cheaper but with current fuel price being between 9 and 11 cents higher than unleaded that idear got blown out the window