PDA

View Full Version : SULFER

bruce4x4
21-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Bl..dy sulfer in the fuel, Just learnt that they increased it again and guess what pump started to leak.Getting fixed as i speak shittt $1400 :'( :'( >:(

MTpockets
22-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Bruce,
Contact the fuel company that you bought the fuel from and complain like a betch. The last time they did this, they were forced to coff up some of the cost. I am not sure what the deal is this time, just going on what I have read in the past.
cheers
Les

nomad
22-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Bruce- How do you know if there is Sulfer in the fuel ? Which gets affected - Diesel or Petrol. ( or both ? )

jimbamb
22-09-2004, 10:33 AM
It would be Deisel. Mine started leaking last time and they wouldn't assist in the cost as they said there was a cut off a month before mine died.Racq wouldn't help so had 2 fork out $1000.They recon it only affects older vehicles.New ones have neo seal or sumthin.Start screamin ,maybee ya can get some results...

Big_Kev
22-09-2004, 02:52 PM
S U L P H E R ,
Sorry for being picky. LOL

PG
22-09-2004, 03:45 PM
You know the worst thing about being picky is making a spelling mistake....SULPHUR ;D

bruce4x4
23-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Picked up cruiser today 3/4 happy again ;D Will make a few phone calls on friday (LDO) and complain wont do any good but will make me fully happy again ;D ;D. BP look out.And only affects diesels that i know of.Other companys claim not to use sulfer? sulpher?? sulphur ;D but how can anyone tell.!

Big_Kev
23-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Damn Beer.

nomad
24-09-2004, 05:13 AM
No one has answered - What are the symptoms of Sulpher, Sulfer, Sulfur, Sulphur, ????-- That stuff, in your fuel ? And what is the outcome ? [smiley=end.gif]

Gorilla_in_Manila
24-09-2004, 02:16 PM
2 minute google =
http://www.bp.com.au/products/fuels/bp_ecoultra/ulsd_faq.pdf
::)

bruce4x4
24-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Answer
1 Leaking fuel pump. :'(
2 Outcome, stuffed pump. :'(
3 Around $1400 to fix. >:(
4 Next time u fill up at BP i think it will say that they use sulphur ;D ;D
So all I can say is be afraid be very very afraid if u have an old deisel.

nomad
25-09-2004, 05:31 AM
I was filling my tank in my 1985 Diesel 4wd out of a jerry can I had filled at the servo prior to going bush this week. While filling the tank, I spilled some diesel and noticed it was a real bluey colour. I have never seen diesel that colour before. Any ideas ? ??? :'( :'( :'(

Big_Kev
25-09-2004, 02:29 PM
I was filling my tank in my 1985 Diesel 4wd out of a jerry can I had filled at the servo prior to going bush this week. While filling the tank, I spilled some diesel and noticed it was a real bluey colour. I have never seen diesel that colour before. Any ideas ? ??? :'( :'( :'(
Good DIESEL is a bluey colour.
Older or contaminated is brown to black.
The algae that grows in it is like a black moss.
And the SULPHUR is in the fuel and it costs more to process it out.
The SULPHUR (notice the correct spelling) becomes SULPHURIC ACID that eats away at the crown of the pistons and the top of the bore.
It also causes havoc with seals in old pumps.
Fuel in asian countries has a higher percentage of SULPHUR (notice the spelling) and that is why a lot of imported vehicles have problems with the fuel system. And can cost bto repair after you have purchased an import.
If you want an import and it blows black smoke, the salesman will tell you it needs an injector clean and the guy is coming next week. (he is dreaming) The injectors will be rxxted.And the pump can sometime need a going over.$$$$$$
If you run a diesel USE A GOOD FILTRATION SYSTEM (and service it at each oil change).
If you have a CRI engine make extra sure the filters are done and changed in the correct manner or it will cost heaps more than a normal injection system to rectify.
Cheers Kev. 8)

nomad
26-09-2004, 10:18 PM
I spoke to the local Servo owner today about Sulphur in Diesel. He told me there is 3 grades of Diesel. 1/ Low grade Sulphur Diesel which he told me was the cheap and nasty version. 2/ Normal Sulphur Diesel. 3/ Highland Diesel which has the normal amount of Sulphur in it, as well as an addative which stops the fuel from freezing when in snow country. He said all Diesel has Sulphur in it, as it part of the normal mixture. I am confused ??? To Reel Hard- The bluey colour was a bright blue colour. I have not seen Diesel that colour before.

Big_Kev
27-09-2004, 04:23 AM
I hope it wasn't household Kerosine Nomad.

bruce4x4
30-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Spoke to BP yesterday and guess what no help :(, But did'nt think i would :P No harm in trying ;D ;D least the cruiser is running smoothhhhh 8)