PDA

View Full Version : Petrol or diesel??

gannet
09-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Would like to know if anyone has any information on decisions between a 3.3 ltre petrol or a 3 ltre diesel Navara DX model.

I would be primarily using this vehicle for work, but will be towing a boat around 1200 kgs for 600 km with 3 people roughly once a month.

I'd like to hear anyone's opinions on which one would handle the job the best??

Cheers,
Dennis

Coke
11-01-2005, 05:54 AM
G'day
Having owned the 3 ltr deisel turbo Patrol I can honestly say that it is the best 4x4 that I have ever owned [and I have had the lot]. Towing is excellent and the economy is unbelievable - 8 ltrs / 100 ks towing a 16ft fiberglass boat with all gear [Bris to Cairns]. I would think the Navara would be similar although towing capacity would obviously be different.
Hoe this might be of some help.
Cheers

davo
12-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Go the diesel. I've just bought my first turbo diesel 4x4 and nothing tows my boat like it. The petrol's gussel fuel when you tow and even if diesel is more expensive I'm getting better than 10l/100km out of a turbo triton.

davo
12-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Go the diesel. I've just bought my first turbo diesel 4x4 and nothing tows my boat like it. The petrol's gussel fuel when you tow and even if diesel is more expensive I'm getting better than 10l/100km out of a turbo triton.

bay_firey
12-01-2005, 08:16 AM
Have just ordered a 3lt turbo diesel Navara ST-R.
The outlaws have a 3lt Patrol and recon it's near the best thing since sliced bread.
The Navara is the same engine without the intercooler so it should go pretty well in the lighter Navara