PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FOR A GOOD LATE MODEL TROOPY

Aaron_Fogarty
03-12-2004, 09:18 AM
??? ??? ???
Gday
Im looking for an 11 seater (2000 to 2003) 4.2 desiel, with a few of the extra bits we all like to have.Ive been watching the trading post and carsales from japan but they all seem to be over priced. The yards want a fortune for what they have and some of them even strip off the extras, even the bullbar to sell it back to you for an extra 500.(Greedy!)
I would prefer to buy privately, I ll be back in Brisbane late Dec and looking at buying straight after the new year.
Ive been looking at the public trustie Auctions and after reading a recent artical posted here regarding Auctions, Im unsure of that avenue now too.
The missus has allowed me 25k cash for the new rig. So if you know anyone please let me know.
Just thought I`d ask the wealth of knowledge out there.
Regards
Aaron

paz
03-12-2004, 05:08 PM
mate check out "3wj" in sydney http://www.3wj.com/ ..not much on their website but got all the contact info...they deal in a lot of wrecked/repairable cars(4x4's) but also repo's etc,,,always got troopies there varying from good condition,easy repair,major repair and right offs good for parts....
paz

Aaron_Fogarty
05-12-2004, 07:31 AM
Thanks Paz
Ill check them out!
regards
Aaron

Brett_Hoskin
27-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Mate I am looking for one too. HAd a blue with Motor Traders in Brissy. They had advertised a Troopy as a RV Model and confoirmed it on the phone but when I got there (from Mackay) to look at it with the intention of buying it iI discovered that the only ting RV about it was the sticker on the side.
Anyway I think you are about 10k short as most appear to be going for $35k+ I had a look at a place down in Brissy that has ex Govt vehicles. At the time most troopys had come from QR and looked a little rough around the edges.

Good luck. If you find 2 good ones give me a yell. hahah

Aaron_Fogarty
17-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Brett
I just got a 2001 170km 11 seater for 26k a little rough Ex Leighton construction but shes cleaning up well. I looked at another good one, private sale 99 with 170km for about the 23k mark had a heap of extras with a new arb front bar. Its at Brighton, in Brisbane between 13th and 12th Avenue on Beaconsfield Tce.
Sorry this Emails late.
regards Aaron

Brett_Hoskin
06-02-2005, 01:58 AM
Brett
I just got a 2001 170km 11 seater for 26k a little rough #Ex Leighton construction but shes cleaning up well. I looked at another good one, private sale 99 with 170km for about the 23k mark had a heap of extras with a new arb front bar. Its at Brighton, in Brisbane between 13th and 12th Avenue on Beaconsfield Tce.
Sorry this Emails late.
regards Aaron

No probs AAron.. I am still looking. I am keen on the TD Troopy but they are really expensive..Oh well I am not in hurry .
Your car sounds OK. Those mobs tend to knock appearance about a bit but the mechanicals are well looked after. Now you have the pleasure of adding all the extras.

cheers