PDA

View Full Version : Road Train

mini696
12-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

So far they haven't been pulled over, and are in the process of getting it legalised.

Had a few funny looks.

And a bugger to back.

Mick

FLATHEAD1
12-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Apparently this is fairly common practice in the states.

Can't see why it cannot be adopted here. Maybe a require a special licence and some tuition etc.

Cheers
FH1

Needmorerum
23-02-2005, 02:09 PM
B-Double Semi's are legal, why can't we do this. Admitadly, there would have to be some laws to it. It wouldn't work with the boat behind the car and then the van. Things could turn bad real quick.
I think that's why the leagalities are the way they are, you have to take into consideration the 'no common-sense' factor.
This could solve my problems of Camper Trailer or Tinny.

Corry

mini696
24-02-2005, 07:25 AM
This could solve my problems of Camper Trailer or Tinny.

Thats why I like it. Otherwise you have to compromise with the boat (cant have a 4.5m centre consol on the top of a 4WD or pop top van).

eggbeater
24-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Jees if only we could do that in Qld. All my problems woulld be answered.

Dug
24-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Imagine trying to get past 2 or 3 of those nose to tail on a busy highway :o

A great idea if they can keep to the speed limit :P

Needmorerum
10-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Keeping to the speed limit isn't really the problem. As long as they keep far enough apart to allow people to pass and move in between them, and those following take the opportunity to pass when it is there, all would be good.
Don't get me wrong, I hate people doing 80 on the highway, but I even hate it more when an overtaking lane comes up and the first person behind them takes the whole overtaking lane to pass. Especially since I own a diseasel Cruiser.

Corry

mini696
11-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Keeping to the speed limit isn't really the problem. As long as they keep far enough apart to allow people to pass and move in between them, and those following take the opportunity to pass when it is there, all would be good.
Don't get me wrong, I hate people doing 80 on the highway, but I even hate it more when an overtaking lane comes up and the first person behind them takes the whole overtaking lane to pass. Especially since I own a diseasel Cruiser.

Corry

Ahhh Corry, you read my mind. I like the ones who slow down in the OT lane so its easier to pass without having to speed.

I hate the ones who sit on 90-95, and go to 105 in the OT lane.

I hate the ones who wont overtake someone in front meaning I either have to wait for AGES, or pass 2-3 cars all at once. Then you get the ones who will get pissed at that and overtake 10 cars at 150kmph.

Mick