PDA

View Full Version : MAKING AN EASY JOB DIFF--ICULT

nofrills
20-03-2005, 04:55 PM
im a butcher ::)

before i headed up to 1770 last month i thought i should check the oil in my cruiser.it had a slight leak out of the front pinion seal so i tried to get the filler plug out.it was looking a bit worse for wear and the multi hex socket i had on it decided to do the spinning metal grinding thing ::).what i needed was a single hex socket but as one was not available i deceided on the trusty old cold chisel ;D.but first i ducked down the road and bought a shiney new filler plug MMM NICE ;).
so under i go with the chisel tap.tap tap.TAP.TAP.bang bang BANG BANG BANG ^%^&%ING BANG SMACK KICK PUNCH.NAH its not shifting,so off down the road to see me mate dave the mechanic,he climbs under see's what ive done,laughs and points at me and makes me hand over my chisel and promise never to do it again...AS IF ::).
SO under he goes tap tap tap TAP TAP BANG BANG #@^%$& BANG SMACK KICK PUNCH.SO now im the one laughing and pointing :-X he then tells me as there is nothing left to smack with the chisel and swear at,the new plan is to put a blob of weld on it to give us something deceient to hit.sounds good to me but daves welder is stuffed so off i go to see BIG BOB with the worlds greatest shed.
BIG BOB climbs under ''just'' then his big head pokes out and snarls at me :-/.he gets his welder and i disconect the battery.BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ.then he gets his extra large BIG BOB SIZE CHISEL ''now where talking'' KAHHBOOOM...and that little filler plug comes loose.he tells me to get ready with the new plug cause there is plenty of oil in the diff .so we dont loose to much.
so he takes the old one out i wack the new one in and thats it ''I WISH''.
So i start driving down the road CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK ''WHAT THE'' so i turn around and go back to bobs.hes sayin things like wheel bearing and uni joint and other things i didnt have time to change.and im thinkin because i disconnected the battery the radio isnt working and its prolly the first time in ages ive driven without the stereo cranking so its only now im hearing these things :'(.
Then i had a brain storm''what if the new filler plug is too long''i says NAH says bob but he gets back under too check it anyway.CLUNK ''yep it was hitting the crown gear '' :-/.so we try to take it out but cause the diff has given it a flogging from the inside it only comes so far out.but the good news is it dosent leak and i know the diff has oil in it.so now i either have to stuff the thread and re tap it or pull the diff centre out and grind down the stuffed end on the plug.

I HATE CARS
cheers scott

dfox
20-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Great one scott!!! ;D ;D ;D
Remind me never to get you to help out on any minor jobs, lol

Daintreeboy
21-03-2005, 07:41 AM
;D

bruce4x4
21-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Do u drink? ;D ;D Now! [smiley=hammer.gif]

eggbeater
21-03-2005, 04:14 PM
That's a great yarn Scott

finga64
23-03-2005, 02:40 AM
lucky you know blokes with sheds and tools, or is that unlucky. ???
What happens if the plug decides to come out on its own [smiley=wut.gif]
More important, did you get the radio to work ???
I'd like to meet Big Bob one day, sounds like a character.
Good luck with the cruiser.

finga64
23-03-2005, 02:41 AM
my brother calls his cruiser "Bruiser the cruiser" now I know why [smiley=laugh.gif]