PDA

View Full Version : Late Model Holden Jackaroo's

madman1
12-03-2005, 03:52 PM
I have a 2001 3.0TDI Jack. The mongrel thing takes three kicks in the guts in the morning to get started.

The Glow Plugs are fine. Once it is started there is no problem restarting the thing.

Is there anyone out there in the same situation? ??? ???

Some people have suggested going to a lighter grade oil or even more powerful batteries. I know the battereis dont work cause I have just spent a small fortune replacing two of the buggers.

Dont get me wrong this little puppy gets up and does the work when required, i am just getting a bit p!ssed of with it not starting first go.

Any advice would be great.

Signed

Desperate [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=huh2.gif]

saphire
12-03-2005, 05:44 PM
I have a santa fe. great in the sand but it needs to be a bit higher.

eggbeater
21-03-2005, 04:06 PM
G'day Madman.Mate check your engine oil level & there will be a good chance it is way over the full mark.
The problem will be the injector o'rings leaking which causes diesel to leak past the o'ring and into the oil side of the injector.
It also will cause oil to enter the fuel system and after engine has been left overnight, and the engine is started in the morning it is injecting oil into the cylinders for a short period till the diesel starts to flow thru.This is why it is hard to start.It usually starts ok when the engine is warm.
These fuel injectors are operated by oil pressure and is what is known as a common rail system.
To fix your problem it will require injector o'rings to be replaced and about three hours labour.
Hope this helps ya.

madman1
23-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Thanks Steve I will give it a crack and let you know how I go. Is what's happening bad for the car?

Thanks again

Madman

eggbeater
23-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi Madman.Mate i would get it repaired as soon as you can.As the engine oil thins out it will loose its lubricating qualities.
Diluted oil can also get sucked thru the turbo seals into the intake causing the engine to run on its own oil,thus causing the engine to go to full rpm and the only way you'll be able to stop the engine is by blocking the air supply to the engine.
This is a very common complaint with your engine ,so your not alone mate. Cheers