PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Inskip Point

mini696
08-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone,

Has anyone travelled along the beach to Inskip Point lately? I was wondering what condition Mudlo Rocks is in at the moment.

For those who have been there before. What is the peak high tide which will make the beach unpassable (if any)?

Who thinks I'm crazy for going on a long weekend (this weekend)?

I have only been up there with other people (when I was young), and I never paid attention to what they were doing. Any tips or links will be greatly appreciated. I am going with experienced people so there wont be any problems with my lack of it (experience that is).

Mick

PS How often does the ferry cross the river per day at Tewantin?

jimbamb
09-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Mate,
The ferry goes nonstop from 5Am till around 10Pm cost around $5.50 each way.
Theres usually lots of people around on long weekends.Not sure how the rocks are but im pretty sure its ok a couple of hours each side of low tide.
You can always go thru the freshwater track.Its an interesting drive a bit of soft sand from the beach for the first couple of kays.Just need to take care as it is narrow in places and usually meet a "loony" with no idea comin the other way.Its a nice picnic area /campground at freshwater about 1 kay from the beach.The track comes onto the tincanbay/rainbow road a few kays out of rainbow.
Hope this of some help

SURF_SNIPER
10-06-2005, 11:32 AM
yep traveled up it last weekend., beach is fine and the rocks at rainbow were a breeze , i came round them on the top of the tide with out even getting wet( this could change overnight though ) how high the tide is doesnt make a difference, if theres no sand around them you cant get round them even on the lowest low tide.

cliff's ferries run back and forth non stop. 5am to 10pm and 5 am till midnight on friday sat nights

yep i think your crazy.... but im up there too this weekend for a club comp ( rainbow beach fishing club ) come have a look at the fish at the weigh inn on sunday 4 pm to 6pm at the pub near the bottle shop. should be a good show.

there's normally enough room to squeeze your tent in during the peask times. ;D

Drew