PDA

View Full Version : uhf radios any thoughts??

SCOTTYGC
10-06-2005, 12:30 PM
thinkig of getting a uhf for the nissan
any ideas or suggestions on makes and models?

cheers
scotty

Lucky_Phill
10-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Yes scott,
Uniden uh088sx

fits nicely into that slot above ya radio.

I have one. and have mouinted the mic out of the way.

if ya get one, I can take pic of mic position for you.

Had mine istalled by Autobarn. Get a good antenna !

Cheers Phill

Zeeke
10-06-2005, 07:19 PM
i got a GME TX3200 in my truck.. its the size of a cigerette packet.. but ya can get a DIN Adapter so it fits above ya or below ya radio slot..

Will take a pic aswell if needed.. installed it myself.. piece of piss

Tim

SCOTTYGC
11-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Uniden uh088sx $295 with everything delivered to my door

good price?

scotty

SCOTTYGC
11-06-2005, 06:51 AM
GME TX3200 on its own delivered $299 without antenna

scotty

Zeeke
11-06-2005, 02:15 PM
depends where your looking, i got a free antenna with mine

http://www.prestigecom.net.au/default.asp?category=UHF+CB+Radios&subcat=GME+Electrophone&openmenu=1

http://www.prestigecom.net.au/default.asp?category=UHF+CB+Radios&subcat=Uniden&openmenu=1

Moffy
11-06-2005, 02:26 PM
whatever unit you get - make sure you get the best antennae and base you can afford (without getting into the db debate of which type of antennae) - I've got the uniden 088 in my nissan, bought it off a mate who wasn't happy with it - i just needed one quick for the first trip away many years ago.

I set it up with the best base and short whip antennae going (according to the local taxi operators) and lo and behold if i don't get better performance than the mate i bought it off with his flash new GME job (he's not happy).

another mate has same radio as me but with a lesser quality antennae and base and his performs pretty ordinarily compared to mine (hey DB ;D) - not talking sheep stations for cost either - from memory Daintree Boy's cost $70 for base and antennae and whilst mine was near double that at $130 odd - the difference in performance is very noticeable and worth it in my opinion.

Moffy

waznot
12-06-2005, 04:24 PM
i got a gme tx4400, BRILLIANT, no regrets paying the extra to go from uniden to gme.

MY-TopEnder
12-06-2005, 04:48 PM
GME TX3200 here... make sure you somehow secure the wiring for power though. I found it came out a little easily. Great unit though...

Needmorerum
19-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I got a 3200 GME, never had any problems with the power wire though and mine's mounted vertically on the side of the console. Been to the Cape a number of times with all the corrogations.
All good ones are much of a muchness, but agree with the antenae suggestions though, go the best you can. Best I got was around 20k out of mine from top of hill to top of hill.

Corry