PDA

View Full Version : Triton utes GOOD or BAD?

stevo
15-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Been looking at them over the weekend but don't know too much about them. Any comments would be great good or bad would help. Will be going for the 4wd as well. #;D ;D [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Thanks Stevo #

SURF_SNIPER
15-06-2005, 01:01 PM
[smiley=end.gif] .......get a landrover ;D

bugman
16-06-2005, 04:43 AM
Stevo,

Brooksy from this site has had about three from memory. Seems to think they're allright. he's actually got one for sale at the moment.

Check here

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Classified;action=display;num=11172 04529

Bugman

ballsie
17-06-2005, 01:55 PM
stevo
ive got a 2000model, 3.0 lt petrol club cab. the advantages are its a tough all round truck, plenty of power, car like to drive, good ratio gearing for heasvy loads and towing. very strongly built chassis.
i've had no drama's with the car though things that are a pain are. thirsty, very poor turning cicle and they you are limited if raising the vehicle( torsion bar at front).
in saying that it has been awesome on the beach and drives smooth all the time.
ballsie

gee_gee
17-06-2005, 04:14 PM
stevo. i have a 95" model ute 3.0ltr v6. as ballsie said heaps of grunt but not to good offroad has just about zero wheel travel u can lift them but expect to spend between $1000-1500 to do it.but drives like a car on road and cant tell when im towing the tinnie. not to bad on fuel depends on how u drive em. i have found parts a little bit exspensive . check the exhaust manifolds they tend to crack. but at the end of the day cheaper than anything else to buy. u will pay double for a hilux!

stevo
23-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Thanks guys for the info, they do sound OK except I went down to check out the new courier 4lt and 3.5 rodeo.
These are good aswell just double the price. Time will tell.
Still like the triton. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] ??? ??? ??? ???
Thanks again

Stevo

Bundaberg_Bandit
26-06-2005, 03:03 PM
We have a duel cab 4wd at work, its the base model TD. #The motor is quite responsive with good fuel economy and revs freely.

As partly already stated, my dislikes (sorry I'm a Rodeo man), the base model is certainly the poverty pack, the turning circle is horrible (expect to do a 3 point point just about anywhere), and I only have normal size feet, but there is no room around the pedals for putting your left foot down or I accidentally hit the brake and accelerator at the same time

But that GLX-R pack is certainly tempting that has been advertised, there is a long list of extras equivalent to the higher models of Rodeo and Hilux
cheers

BB