PDA

View Full Version : People Trying to Ban 4wds in the City's

redspeckle
01-07-2005, 12:04 PM
I was watching a today tonight last night this bloke wants to ban 4wds drive off the roads around city's [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]
Said the only reason that we only own 4wd 's because we lack in size in the pants region i reckon what a load of bullsh#*t
We use our size of the vehicle 4wd to intimidating of the smaller car drivers [smiley=laugh.gif] Yeah right that we do that
I bought my so i can tow the boat and go beach fishing/ camping when i want to i am not going let somebody tell what i can & don't do like the [smiley=policeman.gif]going to enforce it around the city
Also in the story something about tariffs [smiley=greedy.gif] on 4wd's too
Mitch

Iggman
01-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Is 12 inchs small?

Fishinmishin
02-07-2005, 05:54 AM
I kept making my 4x4 bigger and higher, but it hasn't helped my pants region yet :-[ :'( :(.

chemmy
02-07-2005, 06:08 AM
lol

CHRIS_aka_GWH
02-07-2005, 05:49 PM
all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive
which is bigger an Odessy or a Pajero
which chews more juice a 4 cyl hilux or a Calias
which have a HIGHER RATE of reversing accidents 4WDs or GOVERNMENT FLEET VEHICLES or rental cars or convertibles ....

chemmy
02-07-2005, 07:24 PM
i am with chris instead of banning 4wd they should ban old and women drivers
;D ;D
now who's with me?

FLATHEAD1
03-07-2005, 05:33 AM
It is the tennis frock set that have given 4x4 all the bad publicity.

Cheers
FH1

CHRIS_aka_GWH
03-07-2005, 06:26 AM
if you want to experience real fear come to my lads school carpark at 8.30am on any given morning & watch the mums park :o ::)...

Big_unit
03-07-2005, 11:37 AM
I dont care cause I live in the Country, Ban them all I say. lmao.

Cheers
James

Elysium
03-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Everyone who owns a 4wd does so for their own reasons. I own one and I use it to its potential!

But in the responces I have read here it seems that a few 4x4 drivers are being just as stereotypical as those who want to ban 4wd's. I refer to the comment about the women drivers. Sure some of them are a little scary at times. But I could name quite a few women (my own wife included) that could drive a 4wd to its FULL potential better than most guys who think they are the ducks nuts.

Not wanting to start a arguement...just giving you guys something to think about!

PinHead
04-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Should ban women fro mdriving anything...they are scary no matter what they drive.

troy
04-07-2005, 12:32 PM
should ban the slow drivers.
in my opinion they are the ones who causes most of the accidents.
the ones that do 60 in a 100 zone and you are stuck behind them trying to get home from work and there is no way you can pass them legally and you glance in your rear view mirror and see the build up of cars and you start to see people getting impatient.
then it gets scary.
troy

Needmorerum
04-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Throughout the whole 'Ban Bullbars' debate, and the 'Restrict 4WD's from Schools' debate, no one has sat back and looked at the larger picture. Alot of the debates started after a young girl got run over and killed by a 4WD outside her school.
The stories went on how Dad sat on the other side of the road and seen her get hit by the vehicle. The women driving the 4WD, then stated that it was lack of vision and the size of the vehicles fault. The story also stated that she was an experienced Rally driver. Well, what a load of sh!t. If she was experienced in any sort of driving, this shouldn't have happenned. And what was Dad doing on the other side of the road watching. Every day I pick my kids up from school, and there is no way they are going to cross a road by themselves. Like Chris has mentioned, you only need to look at some of the parents parking, and it isn't only the women.
If everything went back to basics, what is the child doing crossing the road by herself, where is the parents concern here. All the adds on TV say to look out as cars are the last thing on the childs mind, and that is exactley right. So why is a responsible parent letting their child cross a road by themselves.
I do agree that this was an horrific tragedy, and you couldn't wish it on your worst enemy, I just don't think it warrants banning 4WD's from these areas. As the NRMA statistics showed, there are alot worse vehicles to be driving than a 4WD as far as field of vision is concerned.
Now I've had my say I will shutup, as a President of a 4WD Club, this topic and the lack of common sense gives me the sh!ts. As they say, it's always the tools fault.

Corry

slugo
05-07-2005, 02:46 AM
they say that a 4x4s are dangerous lack visability and they do not handle the road like a normal car; (what is a normal car)!! I have two 4x4 one hilux 1 pathfinder and I drive them with the conditions on the road and weather and I have never had a problem until I drive pass the local school where all the cute mums are double parking kids running everywhere busses trying to dodge the (normal cars) that are double parking etc
As for the banning of bull bars it will be no problem for me to pick up a fresh roo kill on the local roads ( as i had a near miss last week with one )and tie it to the front of the bar and advertise in the city streets how lucky I was to have a roo bar on the 4x4 vehicle where a (normal car) is at the wreckers.
its not the vehicle that causes the damage it's the driver behind the wheel

cheers
LEN

Needmorerum
05-07-2005, 04:34 PM
My new 4wd has quite shocking visability.

Its also longer than the average 4wd (only by 300mm, but thats enough). It wont fit into parallel parks easially, I must have 2 spaces to get in. Because of this I know I have to drive differently. I dont go through city centers unless is necessary, and I dont park in difficult areas when I can walk an extra 200m and park with ease.

Until they get all the unroadworthy vehicles off all our streets, and trucks off the city streets, I will never support a ban on 4wd's.

Mick

Mick, totally agree on your last comment there, and with Len in reference to the comments about how 'normal cars' are driven. It is definately how vehicles are driven, not what vehicles are driven.
Like Mick, everyone should drive their choice of vehicle in a manner that the vehicle requires to be driven to be safe.

Mick, I'm curious as to what vehicle you are driving?

Corry

mini696
06-07-2005, 03:18 AM
My new 4wd has quite shocking visability. Its not so bad that I cant see everything going on around me, but it does take a second longer to check all around the car before I make a move (merge etc). That extra second or two can make a big difference. So I drive accordingly. I will place myself in a safe position, I will merge as soon as I can and flow with the traffic to avoid changing lanes every 500m.

Its also longer than the average 4wd (only by 300mm, but thats enough). It wont fit into parallel parks easially, I must have 2 spaces to get in. Because of this I know I have to drive differently. I dont go through city centers unless is necessary, and I dont park in difficult areas when I can walk an extra 200m and park with ease.

Until they get all the unroadworthy vehicles off all our streets, and trucks off the city streets, I will never support a ban on 4wd's.

Mick