PDA

View Full Version : 'Must See' places

PG
21-06-2005, 03:48 PM
We all have our favourite places to visit or spend time in locally but for those of us travelling, we want to know where the locals go when they wanna have some fun.
Here's a couple of pics of Byfield national park, north of Yeppoon in C Qld.
Brochure is available from National Parks, well worth a visit if you're 4WDing through Central Queensland.

PG
21-06-2005, 03:50 PM
The beach near 5 rocks. No camping on this beach but still a great place to relax and watch the waves do what they do best.

PG
21-06-2005, 03:58 PM
This shot shows a freshwater creek that flows out onto a beach on the southern end of that section of the park. Nine mile beach is bloody long but if you like sand driving, you'll love it ! Camping is permitted along nine mile beach in certain places.
Righto, time to shutup and let someone el;se have a go. Look forward to seeing more of our country, hopefully I can post some pics of Cape Palmerston next week if this bloody rain eases up !

S.S.
22-06-2005, 05:53 AM
Reminds me of Rainbow Beach :)
There is an abundance of beautiful areas in Australia. I loved the "Bean Hole" just outside of Weipa (on your way to Stones Crossing). Great little local pool of water which hits the spot on a hot day. i think it's dry during winter.
Another is a little freshwater creek that runs out onto the beach at Pera Head to the south of Weipa. Once again, season dependent but it doesn't have to be Ayres Rock to be appreciated.
The upper Delhunty River is another special place, as is the Wenlock River.
The Snowy Mountains are gorgeous, and I loved hiking into the Threabo River to fish for trout.
LOVE Fraser Island. Take the backpackers out and it'd almost be perfect ;D

lawnmowerman
30-07-2005, 04:58 PM
If you want Fraser without the backpackers go to Moreton.
the place is perfect. ;)

Jimmyd
01-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Archers point South of Cooktown is a must see location if you are up that way. 4x4 and self sufficient camping is definetly the go. ;D ;D ;D

JewseeTHAT
02-08-2005, 06:36 AM
Marys View up on Carrai Plateau west of Kempsey. Not many places as awesome as up there.

Eagle
05-08-2005, 07:50 AM
A fabulous place to visit is "Kroombit Tops". This is about 80k west of Gladstone in Qld. The drive out to the area is glorious and the view from the lookout is breathtaking. The memorial to the lost air crew at the B17 crash site is awesome, makes one think again about the sacrifice of those who fought the war. The Wall is a great place to camp, so quiet. Lots of animals and birds to see on the way in and out.
Eagle

westie
06-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Noosa Nth shore camping up there just below Freashwater on the beach and wakeing up to the sun coming up over the water and the smell of bacon and eggs cooking over an open fire, fresh fish for lunch and a coldie.

Don't miss the storms, wind and rain digging trenches around the tents at 2am, drying out the sleeping bags next day 4 years we did that then we got a pop top caravan and XXXXXXL tarp and that was great to enjoy B&Eggs and watch every one else dry stuff out. Hey a M&G up there with a BBQ would be the go. Still got the big tarp for shade.

chemmy
06-08-2005, 07:11 PM
sound good to me i could go some baccon and eggsd right now actually