PDA

View Full Version : Pajero IO

Derek Bullock
19-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Finally took the plunge and bought one after "considering it" for a number of years. Any other IO owners around. What are your thoughts on them.

Derek

camsharkman
20-06-2005, 02:55 PM
It's a Mitsubishi Derek. The best car you'll ever own 8) :D

Derek Bullock
20-06-2005, 02:57 PM
I know that as I have a '97 NK Pajero that will be going on the market soon. Found I no longer have a need for the big Pajero.

Derek

Derek Bullock
17-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Looking at new tyres. Manufacturer recommends 215/65R16. Any thoughts on different makes.

Currently has Yokohamas but am leaning towards Coopers.

Derek

Bashir
22-07-2005, 09:46 PM
I had coopers on my rav4 same size. They were very dangerous on the road in the wet, aquaplaning everywhere! I also had three punctures in 3 months, one was from a small rock that wasn't very sharp at all, the second, the sidewall of one tyre just blew out for no particular reason, it had not hit any gutters at all - dangerous stuff. The third I have no idea?? Worst tyres I have ever seen, we also had them on our Landcruiser and ditched them quickly - terrible performance. Personally I don't know why everyone raves on about them. I would never look at them and I will always advise people not to buy them!

I have tried a number of different tyres in that size on small 4wds and the only two I would look at are the Bridgestone AT's and the Pirelli Scorpians.

Derek Bullock
24-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi Bashir

Thanks for that. #The guys at Bob Jane recommended either the Bridgestone A/T's or the Pirelli's as well. #Although they did say the Pirelli's were better on the bitumen.

Cheers.

Derek

gawby
24-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Derek, I have bridgestone a/ts on my rodeo and have found them to be excelent on the road and on the sand. They come highly recomended from me. I have always liked bridgestones.

Graeme

gawby
24-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Derek, i ment to mention that there is nothing wrong with pajeros, a couple of my friends have late model ones and are more than pleased with them. It is a personal choice and i think you are making a good one. ;D

Graeme

Derek_Bullock
04-11-2006, 04:31 PM
I have just bought a new Suzuki Grand Vitara Prestige so the little Pajero is on the market. Have a look at http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1162541625

Cheers

Derek

Dads_Army
05-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Derek,
I know that this is a Paj io thread but I'd be interested to hear what you think of the new Suzi, I bought a 91 JLX 5 door for my young bloke, (damn thing is near bullet proof) and am thinking very seriously about buying a new one for the 'better lookin' half'. I haven't seen a lot written up on them and never see them advertised.
Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks and Regards