PDA

View Full Version : starfed sunday

mackmauler
23-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Headed out to the banks for a change, big storm out wide and a crappy run in the dark, new decky michael (land lubber) and mick b; long time member of the tinny arse raping society of which michael is now a member, it wasnt a good trip for me felt like crap all morn left sunnies at home and no sleep and to top it off the fishn was way below par, we got about 20 keepers, mix of perly trag cobia snappa etc, back to murphies next trip.

mackmauler
23-10-2005, 08:46 PM
master brewer and dinner.

land-lubber
23-10-2005, 08:54 PM
first cobe and first pearly ever!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] took me a while to get the gist of things. note the sleep deprivation in photo hahaha. i look like my mother just died :) one positive of the trip was that i now know i have an iron clad stomach ;D by the way, im eating the cobe now, yum ;)
cheers and thanks to mackmauler for the trip

adriancorrea
23-10-2005, 09:08 PM
You sure dont like those trips without sleep Rob lol
Still managed a good feed for your crew as usual.
Well done boys

Tight Lines
Adrian

redspeckle
23-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Mackmauler
You have done it again catching heaps and a variety of fish species again Well done [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] ( I be happy with in half what you catch ) next time won't forget sunny's [smiley=cool.gif],
Good photo's of fish their [smiley=thumbup.gif]
Well didn't miss much over the south passage below par too only come home with 60cm squire 45cm flathead leagal rosy job fish caught heaps of grinners and miss out on leagl pearl perch's all day and my lives keep getting ambushed all the time
Mitch

philip_thomson
23-10-2005, 09:16 PM
interesting day rob. atleast you still managed to produce some decent fish.

well done michael on the first ever cobe and pearly
good to see your back into it mick

cheers phil

Zeeke
23-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Looks like you girls did well ;) next time.. leave the rats alone lol

Tim
p.s. bout bloody time Micky B got his assraped in the tin duck

SeaSaw
23-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Still a good catch Rob & Crew. #Looks like Saturday was the pick of the conditions

Mark

outsiderskip
24-10-2005, 06:20 AM
some nice fish there rob
good variety and a nice feed

cheers pete

Billo
24-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Nice rob ...atleast you got a feed !!!!

Weather was magic hey !

We ended up wide of coolumn , about 12 - 15 mile .
Nothing hooked , had a strike early in the morn on a skip gar but did not hook up

Saw a free swimming bill back on the 10 mile later in the morn , didn't want to eat our bloody baits though .

Water quality looked excellent , temps were good .,...were the hell were the fish !???

Sportfish_5
24-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Billo - spent the day on Sunday plowin the paddock between Hutchies/Flinders/Smiths. Weather till late afternoon was magic.

As you said water temp was good (max 24.2 @ Lunchtime/arvo in 40m), colour was great but not a lot of good fish around. Witchdoctor got a couple of hoos at Hutchies while I was there. Got plenty of rat kingies at hutchies while trolling as well as vermin tuna. Few reports on VHF of bills but heard only one reported caught plus a sail.

Wont be long till it all fires though :P

Cheers

Greg

Billo
24-10-2005, 10:28 AM
here's hoping !

Not sure if my temp needs checking , believed it was accurate with water temps avergaing around 23.5 in clser grounds off mooloolaba , 24.2 on the 8 mile . but up north towards coolumn around the scum lines i was getting a reading of between 25 and 25.2 .
was only patchy , but there was plenty of whitebait in under the scum ..haven't seen conditions that good in a while

all the indicators were there .,...but no hook ups ..,.....the heart rate was pumping when we saw the free swimmer ...thought we may have been into it , thems the breaks !!!

wish i had thrown another tank in and headed the banks , but on everyones reports , it doesn't seem like that magic a weekend on the fish scene

saturday saw us fill the esky on frigates ....playing with the 2kg , still was a little fun , but plenty of big baits for trolling them with bridle rigs when the action heats up !!!

michael_Brewer
24-10-2005, 11:44 AM
ROB!!!! Trust you to invite two members of the tiny arse raping society both on the one trip........ no wonder you were stuffed! Ended up bein a wicked trip pitty it was a bit blowy first off wide. fishin was a bit slow for such a big trip.... but still enough food for the week though! ::)
thanks rob... should be about time for a trip up north i reckon ;)
MICKYB

reeldreamer
24-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Mackmauler is Mortal after all! Still a very resonable effort by anyones standards! I always leave a set of sunnies in the boat, nothing worse then squinting all bloody day! Well done Rob

Mitch

madman1
24-10-2005, 12:53 PM
We headed out Sunday 5am to the southern end of the banks and only managed 2 50cm+ flathead of all things, A 2kg Parrot and thats about it.

You couldn't fault the weather though. just wish the fish were on the chew.

Ahhh well there's always next time!

Cheers

Mark

620sf
24-10-2005, 12:56 PM
you still had a good day Rob, no sunnies is a killer out there. all trips can't be perfect.

magicpudding
24-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Rob, i'm surprised you didnt make an appearence at the 18 mile given the fishing ont he banks wasn't quite up to scratch.
I headed out to the 8 & 18 mile with the new owners of the puddin yesterday. We managed to get 2 bait jigs nailed by billfish, 3 mac tuna and 2 cobes. The bait, water temp and clarity on the 18 mile were all awesome, the fish just weren't playing the game! It can't be too long now until the fish make a true appearence.

Cheers, CJ

Zeeke
24-10-2005, 01:59 PM
thought i heard someone say Magic Puddin on the radio yesterday... no wonder lol

i was fishing with Vertico off the banks.. working our way down south.. pretty dismal... few pearlies, gold spot wrasse and parrot.. and a coupla small squire.. then headed home... running into Rob and crew on the way home.picked up a few small cobes then dashed in

Saw a small billie.. prolly a black off the eastern side of the banks slashing into some bait.. unfortunately Sean didnt see it.. looked about 20-30kg size when only moments before a school of small flyingfish ran for cover

Tim

DALEPRICE
24-10-2005, 05:46 PM
still managed to put a good feed together
rob ::)
we ventured out sunday to cal wide and
the fishing was way below average. managed a
few but nothing to write home about.

vertico
24-10-2005, 06:41 PM
should have lent a set of polarised lenses off me rob always got atleast 1 set in the boat

JB
24-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Bad luck Rob, seems like everybody has a crap day now and again. I had a shocker sat, tried some new ground and techniques.. going to take a lot more work! I found some great looking jack country down the tweed thou, just have to work out how and when to catch the buggers.

JB