PDA

View Full Version : Unstoppables off Bundaberg

darryl_l
26-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Went out for a quick trip on Sunday afternoon :) to check the motor was running alright after a bout of bad fuel >:( . Travelled out to a spot about 10miles offshore to find small jellybean macktuna breaking the surface so decided to throw a chrome at them only to be totally smashed in seconds :-?. Retie throw another chrome and bang another instant bustoff, third time lucky with a mac tuna of about 6kg :). Decided to do a troll around the area on the outskirts of the school with 8kg on TLD 15 and procedded to give four more lures :'( to the "whatever they were but boy they struck hard" fish. Longest fight lasted about 15 seconds on one third drag with the rod tip pointed straight at the water. Never saw what they were but still had a blast oh well maybe next time.

Darryl L :)

Jeremy
26-10-2005, 02:02 PM
gives you some motivation to get back out there asap doesn't it! So what is your best guess as to what they were?

Jeremy

darryl_l
26-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Not sure Jeremy but pretty certain they weren't sharks or the like as we didn't have wire and not bitten off. Apart from the little jellybeans (under 1kg) nothing was leaving the water. We did come across some bludger trevally to about 8kg in size but I don't think it was them either. BIG Yellow Fin Tuna maybe as we ran in to them to about 7kg in the same area last year...

as you said can't wait for the next round :) :)

Darryl L

reeldreamer
26-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Get some heavier line don't give em a chance! Fishin is 2 expensive to lose lures! Skull drag the mothers ;D

Mitch

darryl_l
26-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Where's the fun in that reeldreamer. ;) Besides thats the heaviest line I got :'( so I'll persevere till I get one just to find out what they are.

Tackle shops have lots of lures for me to replace any losses 8-) 8-)

Darryl L

Sti_Brumby
31-10-2005, 10:50 AM
We had couple like that at barolin rocks, tld25's both busted off. 1 80pound trace snaped in half, the other was a swivel pulled out of it's socket. Tho we saw what they were. 1 pair of huge kingfish

SeaHunt
31-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Where's the fun in that reeldreamer. #;) Besides thats the heaviest line I got :'( so I'll persevere till I get one just to find out what they are.

Tackle shops have lots of lures for me to replace any losses 8-) 8-)

Darryl L

Where is the fun in watching your lures disappear. :'(
May as well be catching the bottom if you dont even get a look at them. :-[

Lightest line I own is 8kg and that is on a stick I use for casting slugs.

Invest that money your going to use replacing lures on some 50lb braid. :D

Bundaberg_Bandit
31-10-2005, 10:29 PM
I went out Sunday morning around the 2 mile and found exactly the same thing - mack tuna everywhere - my deckie kept on saying - Ummmm....your driving in tuna, are you trying to cut them up with the prop.

They were everywhere after sprat - most of my lures were too big i'd say - did get a small one in and a few bonito too, but they were all very flighty

Bring on the spotties (already got few but they aren't thick yet)

cheers

BB

ps is that 10 mile spot a secret or can you tell us where it was ??? approximately ;D

Sti_Brumby
01-11-2005, 12:03 AM
We got 24 bonito the other day just off the rocks. The spanish normally come in when they leave ;D. lots of big blues in teh mix aswell, witch was fun on 8kg spin gear 8-)

darryl_l
01-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Bundy Bandit there is no secrets when it comes to fishing spots ;) ;) We went to a spot cal e t B sor y bre k ng up wi l try later ;D ;D

Seahunter I normally use 4kg mono and have caught many many fish over the 15kg weight so I don't actually lose THAT many lures> I prefer sportfishing as we seldom bring fish home anyway (C & R) apart from maybe a Cobia now and then.

Darryl L