PDA

View Full Version : Another disappointing Barwons trip

zulu
01-11-2005, 05:37 AM
I was'nt going to post the a report, but after reading Seasaws report, I thought I better own up to my own ordinary trip.
Left the ramp about 3pm on ''my pat malone'' headed to the southern end of the Barwons, where we have caught a variety of fish in recent months. Anchored up ready for the night, nothing happened to the sun started to diappear and started getting squire around 45cm, released 3 as it was early days and did'nt want to run up the bag limit to quick[first mistake]. The bigger fish started to come on but so did the sharks and ended up with a couple of nice snapper heads :'( I found the snapper would run with the bait only to drop it before I had chance to strike. I ended up with a couple of squre and moses perch for my trouble and a bit more experience :)
I will be back, Troy.

zulu
01-11-2005, 05:39 AM
Before and after :)

outsiderskip
01-11-2005, 05:47 AM
nice size moses
good feed of fillets

cheers pete

hoga
01-11-2005, 06:45 AM
we were a bit further south and had a few runs without hook up to nothing wrong with just a feed hoga

-spiro-
01-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Got to be happy with those mosses perch :) there great eatting. From most of the banks reports you weren't on your own with a feed just put together 8-) Theres allways next weekend ;D

grunta_75
01-11-2005, 03:37 PM
We shared your pain on Sat...Looking forward to reaping havoc out there on the next trip.. Still beat weeding the garden though...(though weeding the garden wouldn't have cost me 100L of ULP!)

zulu
01-11-2005, 03:57 PM
I think alot of us have had such a good snapper season we are expecting to slay them every time we go out ;)and I thought I was getting to be a good fisherman :-[

SeaSaw
01-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Nice sized Moses Zulu. :) Glad to see you willing to put up a report when you haven't done so well. It is good to see people putting up reports no matter what they catch as it all goes to help the rest of us on this site know what is working and what is not.

good on ya.

Mark