PDA

View Full Version : And....Another disappointing Banks Trip 29/10

grunta_75
01-11-2005, 03:48 PM
S'pose I'd better join seasaw and zulu to fess-up to another poor showing for a day on the Banks on Sat 29/10..

We left later, didn't hit the Banks until about 6.30am Sat after a ordinary trip out (Skipper-duties were handed to the Old Man after I'd launched all but the last 2' of the boat off the back of a few). Sweetlip were the order of the day for us, with an average cod and good size parrot for the Old Man, 8 in total. Started central and worked south and then back to central before we gave it away for the day. Did see a lot of boats moving around an awful lot including a charter that wasn't staying put any longer than about 20mins each time.

Highlight of the day was a pod of 4 whales that cut straight across our bow on the way back. Amazing creatures....The good news when I got back was my better half suggested a day at tangalooma was the go for sunday as the weather looked so good..Great Idea!!! (note coming back across to Clontarf in white caps pushing 1.5-1.8M she wasn't thinking it was such a great idea!!)

So I guess although we only just bagged a feed on Sat I still managed a full w/e on the water without getting into any trouble!... 8-)

zulu
01-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks grunta, I am starting to feel better all ready :) we will get them next time ;)

Cheers Troy.

FOOCKCHUCKER
01-11-2005, 06:05 PM
i found sat to be very fishy ;D

SeaSaw
01-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Good onya grunta for posting [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] - but what have I started 8-)

Everyone should keep away from the Banks cause there are obviously no fish left out there ;) ;D ;D ;D

Mark

-spiro-
02-11-2005, 06:39 AM
Well another casulty ;D by the sounds i ain't that annoyed that i didn't go now. Hey atleast you put a feed together ;D thats something to smile about

hoga
02-11-2005, 04:03 PM
mark could be right may be to many brisos up here