PDA

View Full Version : Deep sea monsters

Point_Blank
29-10-2005, 07:21 PM
gday guys

i went for a bit of a fish today to revisit the deepsea bottom bashing grounds in 300fathoms. although the fishing was slow we ended up with a couple got a 75lb and a 40lb hapuka and a 25ld blue eyed trevella. we use electric reels to save our arms from the 600mtr wind up and 130lb braid with mullet fillets for bait. atleast the weather was good ;)

cheers
benny j

Point_Blank
29-10-2005, 07:22 PM
one of the hapuka

Point_Blank
29-10-2005, 07:23 PM
the big hapuka!

matthill80
29-10-2005, 07:25 PM
come on benny thought the saltiga and a few chaos jigs would have been dropped down and given a run :o

top fish have to give that a go some day

cheers matt

Scott15
29-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Awsome fish benny, 600mt :o :o :o id be using leccy reels aswell, top fish, where did u leave from?

rabbitohbill
29-10-2005, 07:29 PM
I've never got into water that deep but I'd love to give it a go.
Are those big buggers any good to eat?
What else do you get out there?.....

Point_Blank
29-10-2005, 07:35 PM
matt
yeh mate we had a jig later on in closer but the current was screamin so we didnt give it much of a go

scott
we left from the southport seaway

rabbitohbill
yeh they are quite nice to eat, not as good as pearlies but ;)
we also catch orange ruffie, gem fish and other weird things

Scott15
29-10-2005, 07:37 PM
How much is the charter?

Point_Blank
29-10-2005, 07:39 PM
scott
nah mate no charter this is just a private boat which i fish on and since the marlin arnt on yet we thought we might go have some fun.

benny j

outsiderskip
29-10-2005, 07:39 PM
some monter of a fish
great fishing gear to

cheers pete

mono
29-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Hi BennyJ, just got myself a new electric, same as the one in your photo. Love droppin baits down out there but hate the long wind up. Cant wait to try my new reel. I normally use large livies or jigs out in 150 fathoms looking for BIG Bar cod or Harpuka-they taste great.
You've jogged my memory and got me real keen again, thanks.

maztez
29-10-2005, 11:11 PM
hey benny that looks very interesting brett (brejen ) and i also use the seaway however this electric reel business has me going.being a typical lazy fisherman i might just look into the purchase of one or two ...what sort of dollars would i be looking to invest in such an outfit ?
terry

flickflack
29-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Some Big uns there Bendrik see you battling to lift them up, need to exercise more, maybe you should use a reel and let the other guys use the electric. ;)

Me and Sharky want to give it a go out here sometime, just to find the time.
Some top fish there bud congrats.

Smithy
30-10-2005, 06:07 AM
So Doggy is back home. How did he go up in the Whitsundays or coming back through Fraser? Are they Tony's or Rob's reels on Mark's boat? How far off is Tony's big Riv. Saw those pictures Danny and Cooky took of you on Andiamo from last year. They are awesome.

spaniard
30-10-2005, 06:25 AM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]Totally awesome Benny.

kingcobe
30-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Nice catch Benny j [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]. Thats one big fishyou got there[3rd pic] :o.

Kingcobe

JB
30-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Great fish there Benny, that is some serious gear you have to pull those buggers up with!

LMAO @ Smithy, ya rekon you could have fit another question in that sentence or wat :P ;)

rabbitohbill
30-10-2005, 05:05 PM
gday guys

i went for a bit of a fish today to revisit the deepsea bottom bashing grounds in 300fathoms. although the fishing was slow we ended up with a couple got a 75lb and a 40lb hapuka and a 25ld blue eyed trevella. we use electric reels to save our arms from the 600mtr wind up and 130lb braid with mullet fillets for bait. atleast the weather was good #;)

cheers
benny j

Mate I dont expect those things would see much more tasty treats than a mullet fillet.
How could they resist? [smiley=chef.gif]

Whats normally in the guts of such beasties? [smiley=dizzy.gif]

Point_Blank
30-10-2005, 05:42 PM
maztez
mate unfortunately these reels are very expensive around 3000 dollars just for the reel! and as you could imagion 1000 metres of braid also isnt cheap.

smithy
yeah the dog is finally home, marky had a ball up there we bought the boat home two weeks ago. the reels we were using were tony's robbie was also out in his boat giving them a go. i visited tony this morning and inspected the new"andiamo" which is at his house and man it is one hell of a boat unbelievable!

rabbitohbill
mullet fillet does the trick although the last time we were out we caught alot of fish on dead yakkas but i dont think it really matters, funnily enough we tried live baits out there last time and everytime the dead baits around them would get eaten and not the livies, got me buggered. suprisingly there is never anything in there stomach i think they might cough it all up during the 20 minute fight to the surface.

cheers
benny j

RobSee
30-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Hey Benny - that's a good haul.

i've only had Hapuka once - very good fish to eat - bit oily - very tasty!

StevenM
31-10-2005, 07:07 AM
Nice Fish Benny and look like a top day

Steven

stubi
31-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Bugger me. Is that a fish your holding or are you VERY happy to see me??? :-/ Either way I am VERY impressed :o Wish I could catch fish like that, actually I wish I could catch anything :-[

Toppy
03-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Hey Benny, nice fish who's boat were you on that day?
Your getting soft hanging around with flickflack, electric reels that will be the next thing he wants.
cheers Toppy

Smithy
03-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Boat is Mark Morland's Deep V 340 called "Watchdog". She is the demo 340, the first with the higher sheerline than the Black Watches.

So Roderick finally got you to join! You'll have to put your PNG pics up for everyone!