PDA

View Full Version : Mid week wello trip

Wello-Bob
04-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Worked from home yesterday so decided to head out from Wello boat ramp for a couple of hours with the old man. Dropped the Polycraft into the water at about 5am and a short trip out to the reefs.

The wind was OK but there was a fair bit of swell around which was probably what made the water quite murky, anyhow not much caught until about 6am when the old man grabbed my rod (he was closer to it) and pulled in a 37cm Sweetlip, that put a smile on his face for a while.

We fished till about 9.30 and took home a catch of 2 Sweetlip, 1x36cm squire, 2 bream and 10 or so fingermark.

I tried using a few different SP's but they just didn't entice any fish the entire time, all fish were caught using squid and mullet fillets. Anyway will still persevere with the plastics and will try to get some Zooms if I can find out who stocks them?

Sorry did not remember to take the digital camera so don't have any photos to post.

Back home by 11 with everything washed down and still managed to get in about 7 hrs work by the end of the day.

Until Next time

BOB

MJ
04-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Nice one. ;) Ya sure the fingermark weren't moses pearch?

buddie
04-11-2005, 10:59 AM
hey bob, duncan at fishhead redland bay has any zoom plastic u want and is very good 2 have a chat with, good bloke! good work on ure catch thismornin i stoped in there monday arvo afta a mud trip 4 a drift using fresh mac tuna and almost got spooled by somthin pretty big! told my mate to fire it up and give the chase he didnt understand how fast to go and guned it wich made me loose slack line and by the time i reganed the tension it had spat the 6.0 hook! >:( i wasnt very talkitive on the trip home! but yea i think that wello to ormiston has heaps of potentual with some good drop offs. and its alot closer then mud. went home with 2 nice tuna, mack tuna and a sweety that went 41cm all caught off mud.

Dezzer
04-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Well done Wello Bob,
Sorry to steal your post but does anybody know who stocks zooms on the northside