PDA

View Full Version : #river to reef fishing comp/cleaned up

nofrills
06-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Well the weather has been a bit hit and miss for the comp this weekend but at least its been fishable.Friday morning i kicked off early to try for a fish before the wind picked up which turned out to be a good plan.Cobia were a nominated species for this comp and having been blasted buy a few monsters over the last month or so i decided to try and stop one.

# i started fishing at about 0500 off caloundra and buy 0730 id nailed 3 cobes and 2 school macs the biggest cobe was taken on a slow trolled yakka with the downrigger at 45ft he took around 30min to land on 60lb penn 10x and a 9/0 gamagatsu live bait hook.Bad thing was i was fishing buy myself and had a hard time lifting him over the side after already being stuffed from the fight.

#i took him to the friday afternoon weigh in and he went 32.6kg which is not a bad cobe so im going back up to the presentations later today to see if ive got lucky or not.
# # FINGERS CROSSED.

yesterday i went offshore in search of a snapper but only managed a couple of average pearlies.

i let yas know what happens
# #cheers scott

blue_rogue
06-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Good effort Scotty.

Quality Cobe

Iron_Prostate
06-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Great fish Scotty.
Let us know how you go.
Went out with george the other day and got my first cobe.

Mick (aka Prof Mick)

westie
06-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Top fish... they will be hard pressed to get a better one so good luck,
should be a few Ausfish members there for the presentations. Good if Ausfish members all had some ID displayed on them. Just remember
No S 52 will get the BOAT sorry guys, when I win it you can come and say.......Onya westie and it's my shout

Toppy
06-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Nice Cobia Scott, tell me what does R.A.D stand 4.
Its displayed on the Banner behind you in the main photo
Cheers Toppy

nofrills
06-11-2005, 01:51 PM
hey prof

welcome to ausfish,long time no see,remind george about ausfish for me will ya the slack bugger never posts anymore.

hey toppy
it stands for Recreational Association for the Disabled

westie
you can tell the ausfish members cause the are the good lookin fellas and chicks with the biggest fish ;)

ok got to go put fresh undies on and comb my hair for the presentation ::)

cheers scott

snappa
06-11-2005, 02:04 PM
must get out with ya for one of them BIG cobia .. :D

u do know my no. ...... ;D

snappa
06-11-2005, 02:05 PM
forgot #.. "NO WORRIES" #about taking out the trophy ... 8-)

dfox
06-11-2005, 03:06 PM
First you nail a big snapper, now its a cobia, i'd be worried if i was a big spaniard with you around scott, your on a roll mate! ;D ;D ;D

outsiderskip
06-11-2005, 05:54 PM
a nice big cobe scotty
might take some beating

cheers pete

Bonesy
06-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Scotty,
That's a beauty cobe, I reckon that you'll win the comp ;D ;D ;D ;D
I hope I'll catch one like that sometime ;)

Bonesy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scott15
06-11-2005, 07:24 PM
nice cobe scott, been a bit quite lately bonesy, whats happening mate, still slaying them?

-spiro-
06-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Congrats on that huge a... cobe Scott ... ;DI hope you pulled a prize for it 8-)

nofrills
06-11-2005, 08:42 PM
I DONE GOOD

i scored heaps of stuff.I won the senior cobia and also the best offshore senior ;D and you should see the gear i got.for starters i got a 15-24kg ZWS70XJ live fibre which is perfect for the TLD25 i bought last week so now ive got one set up with braid and the other with mono.I got a fancy EMRO CANNON rod holder that ill save for the new fisher boat.a set of BOGA GRIPS. A sure catch DW425 over head some nice leurs and slugs some inox and a good knife and the missus even won a 45lt evacool esky in a $2 raffle.
YA GOTTA BE HAPPY WITH THAT ;).

So it just goes to show you gotta be in it to win it.A couple of interesting things the biggest snapper was only 4 point something kg and the biggest mac was only a schoolie which surprised me i figured someone from up noosa end of town would win it with a spanish so i didnt bother fishing for them.the second place cobia was only 11kg.

time to drink rum and look a shiney things in shed.
cheers scott

Darryl
06-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Top effort scott , you gotta be happy with that.

Now i can go to bed, i was only waiting to see how ya went ;D

Sportfish_5
06-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Well done Scott - Who won the boat ???

Cheers

Greg

westie
06-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Yes top effort there we would have said gday when you floated of the stage in cloud 9 land as caloundra,sea-saw and my self were along side the 7.4 but I think it was Rum o'clock and it was not your shout.

Go Ausfish I cracked it for a 60lt esky in the raffle and a Tiapan 3-4kg 6' spin with a Shimano Slade 2500 as a random draw
as Scott said YA GOTTA BE HAPPY WITH THAT :)

SeaSaw
06-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Well done Scott. top fish and a good effort for a solo outing. :o :) There were certainly some good prizes on offer. My deckie (johno) took out the best Pearl Perch category. ;) Best snappper was 5.3kg (my best weigh in was 4.7kg) but I dropped one at the boat that would have easily taken out the snapper category :-[

Cheers,

Mark

chemmy
06-11-2005, 10:48 PM
nice work every one

seasaw what prizes did Johno get???

scotty
06-11-2005, 11:21 PM
good stuff mate

DICER
07-11-2005, 03:31 AM
top catch and haul! I think you'd have a big smile.

bugman
07-11-2005, 07:45 AM
Scott,

Some nice shiny lures there mate. I reckon we could put them to the test over the summer ;)

Well done

Bugman

Fisher_Boats
07-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Good on ya Scotty #;)
Here's the second place cobe that you gave the lads#:'( :'(
Have to think of that next time .hey :D

Cheers Col

620sf
07-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Well done Scott, nailed a solid cobia and won some good prizes.

dazza
07-11-2005, 09:45 AM
top effort mate, well done, big cobes solo- gotta be real happy with that
pitty the snapper plan didn't come off- next time ;) ;)
cheers
dazza

major-defect
07-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Kool! Quite a haul there.

bigmack
07-11-2005, 10:11 AM
what a great weekend - one fish and make it count. Nice prizes.

caloundra
07-11-2005, 10:41 AM
well done scott
top fish and some great prizes aswell
all I won was 6 lures and a bag of burley
maybe next year it will be my turn to clean up

Daniel

Brooksy
07-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Congratulations Scotty

Steve

Missing_FNQ
07-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Well done Scotty..........Nice catch and great prizes...........Next time you know who to call when ya need someone to give ya a hand to gaff the big ones

Cheers
Mick

Fishinmishin
07-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Well done Scott :). What an effort to gaff one of them after the fight :o.
Why did nobody tell me about the comp. I was out saturday and released a large cobe :(. Oh well......I'm sure I would have got too exited and wouldn't have landed it if I knew it was a prize ;D. No fishin for me for a couple weeks now so leave some fillets swimming for me ;D.
Cheers, Jay

nofrills
07-11-2005, 09:57 PM
thanx guys

westie ya should have said gday,its hard in those big crouds you never know who;s who.

jay
i didnt tell ya about the comp cause i didnt want to kick your ass ::)

cheers scott AKA ''THE WORLDS BEST FISHERMAN''

Brooksy
08-11-2005, 06:24 AM
Scott you'll need that new Fisher to fit your head in ;) ;)
Oops I mean't the big fish your catching ;D ;D ;D

Thunderbird
08-11-2005, 06:30 AM
Well done scott.
That is certainly a prize fish even if you weren't in a comp and to catch it and land it yourself, well....
New boat ay! You'll have to get a transom door put in if you keep this up! ;)
Cheers birdy!

Fishinmishin
08-11-2005, 09:00 AM
jay
i didnt tell ya about the comp cause i didnt want to kick your ass #::)
#

;D ;D To true mate, glad your looking after me. Can I please have the straw off the lid off one of the INOX bottles as a consolation prize please as I've lost one of mine. :-?

cheers jay AKA "THE WORLDS 2ND BEST FISHERMAN" ;D ;D ;D ;D

SeaSaw
08-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Scott, I am keen to have a quick chat. Check your PM's ;)

Cheers,

Mark

nofrills
08-11-2005, 09:09 PM
lol jay

mate ill give ya an empty can ot the stuff as well AND ive also got a plastic fish scaler and a big ugly lure that are all yours if you want to pick them up.

hey TBIRD
hows it goin,you been a bit quiet of late

brooksy
my missus said my new big head really suits me,cause now its more in poportion to my ass :-/ {is that good or is she being mean to me again :'(}

Brooksy
09-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Yeah gotta watch those wives Scotty, nasty critters they are make us go to work and do all those other non fishing related things like mowing. ::)

dazza
09-11-2005, 08:57 PM
"the worlds best fisherman" hey
read this a couple of days ago, but only stopped pissin myself laughing now, so could post a reply.
if anyone wants to see some video of the "worlds greatest fisherman" in action. i have about 10 minutes of " the worlds greatest fisherman" catching a magnificent stick. the hook set was brilliant, the fight supreme, the result- a bloody piece of stick on the last f#%^ing live bait in the tank. ::) ::) ::)
now for the important stuff old mate, buddy, pal few of those nice new shiney lures might go alright, can i have a turn please, please, buddy, pal
looks like your mojo has returned big time you guru

spaniard
10-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Scott,

Sorry about the late reply, but very well done indeed champ.
[smiley=laola.gif]

I guess I might have to pull my finger out for the spanish season coming up.

I'am heading up north for a month over chrissy so I hope to get some practice in.

nofrills
10-11-2005, 08:17 PM
hey paul

tell foxy if he has any inquires with regards to catching quality fish please dont hesitate to call ::).just do it before 730PM cause after that im either pissed or asleep ;D.

NOW DAZZA
What happened on that video was ::) i was connected to a 7kg plus jack{i could tell from the hit}after a long and ferocious fight{on 1kg line}he did manage to snag me.What can i say,Just because i look perfect people sometimes think i am
As for the shiney lures and stuff i won;i dont want you to feel left out old pal so im giving you two of my prizes,the first is this trick looking lure that im sure will have sharper hooks than anything else in your tackle box

nofrills
10-11-2005, 08:25 PM
the second is ths cool hook remover

Thats write my friend,no more lost rigs for me.Now my favorite deckie is armed with this little baby old mister reef shark or grumpy old mister hammer head will have to cough up that livey rig to fight another day.

nofrills
10-11-2005, 08:31 PM
OH

and just so you dont stay awake all night waiting for your new toys.Go and have a look under your pillow ;)

dazza
10-11-2005, 09:16 PM
hey mac tuna man
;D ;D ;D ;D you must have been quick
thanks,
santa has come early, they are great. ::) ::) ::)
now my goal is to take that lure every time we go out and drag the bloody thing all over the ocean, dosen't matter if i don't catch anything on it, it is such a wonderful present.

re the video, mangrove jack my arse, more like you were half asleep/pi$$%d and the livie swam around the snag, but your version sounds good

you win (for now)