PDA

View Full Version : COBIA BAG OUT

spaniard
29-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Planned to go chase some doggies this morning, so headed out of bribie bout 6.am. Got out the front and started heading NE. Saw plenty of small tuna schools but the mackeral didn't look like playing the game.
Got to the beacons up near hamilton patches and hooked up on a couple of small doggie's which was looking promising, but they soon went quiet.
We decided to head out a bit wider to try a patch of rock that we've nailed a few cobia on before. This was looking promising after Jay's report yesterday ;D.
Sounder looked fantastic and first drop saw foxy and myself hooked up on cobes. Got even better as half a dozen followed them in. So anchored up and started fighting cobes for the next couple of of hours.
As we only brought out a small bag of pillies cause we were supposed to be chasing macks on lures the bait soon ran out just as more cobes turned up. Lucky Dave had a stash of LUCKY PHIL SLUGS, cause first cast with one saw the cobes back in there feeding frenzy. Unfortunately the hooks kept straightening and we could only managed to land cobes up to about 10kg.
So we filled the mackeral box and headed home to a very excited family and friends.

Hooked up close

spaniard
29-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Dave hooked up

spaniard
29-10-2005, 05:07 PM
The result small cobe

spaniard
29-10-2005, 05:08 PM
The lucky phil slug fight on 20lb line

spaniard
29-10-2005, 05:09 PM
The result

spaniard
29-10-2005, 05:11 PM
The catch

-spiro-
29-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Top catch of cobe, how many in that esky-------my geuss is.......sh..loads. ;DHope that cobe Dave taste as good as your Reds :o

Fishinmishin
29-10-2005, 05:32 PM
You found my rock didn't you >:( ;) ;D. They are heaps out there lately and a couple of good size which 50lb couldn't stop. Looks like you got some serious filleting work ahead of you.
Cheers, Jay

Scott15
29-10-2005, 05:34 PM
holy crap, good work guys, is that one following the one hooked?

spaniard
29-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Chris, there is 20 in there, but we caught probably 30.
I reckon Dave will enjoy eating the cobia tonight then eating the reds last week.

Jay, I think it might be a different rock ;D.. I know what you mean about the 50lb cause thats all I had with me today which resulted in some bust offs.

Yeah scott they always like to school up around the one thats hooked.

Scott15
29-10-2005, 05:49 PM
I gotta get out there!!! just the pillies for bait?

620sf
29-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Nice fish boys, the cobes seem to be thick this year in the bay. good fun for a easy trip.

Luke

spaniard
29-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Scott,
Started with whole pillies on gangs ,then went to half pillies on single 8'o hook. But when there thick you could use sqiud or better yet, livies.

outsiderskip
29-10-2005, 06:50 PM
thats what i call a box
full of cobies

cheers pete

DALEPRICE
29-10-2005, 08:48 PM
:o awesome :o
some good snaps as well
dale

chemmy
29-10-2005, 09:21 PM
great job fellas

gawby
29-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Top shelf catch there fellas. :o
Supposed to be going out with brejen in morning and were hoping to chase some of these but bloody work comes again. >:(Driver carnt go away in truck. :'(
Oh well good comes to those who wait.
Graeme

maztez
29-10-2005, 11:22 PM
hey fellas ill have to get you to teach brett (brejen) how to land cobes he always seems to have trouble ...anyway great catch
terry

kingcobe
30-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Good catch you got there [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]. That seems like a good spot for cobes. Bl***y hell you got a good week of breakfast, lunch and dinner ahead of ya. How much did the biggest one weigh.

Kingcobe

spaniard
30-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Kingcobe,
Yeah, plenty of people got a feed which was good.
The biggest was probably 10 to 12kg (didn't weigh any) , and averaged about 8kg. That made for a long fight with the slug on 20lb line.

Cheers Paul

dfox
30-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Im still sore from those buggers paul,i had that gimble fitting on the rod and no belt.. i wieghed my best one at just over 14, but most were 8. I may have hooked bigger ones but no monsters like jay caught.
Its great to see large numbers of these fish in the northern bay this year, lets hope the spotties turn up in good numbers as well...foxy

spaniard
30-10-2005, 04:15 PM
You know I like to underestimate the weight Dave ;D
I guess you forgot about the belt stored up the front.

pharq2
30-10-2005, 08:03 PM
no wonder that cobia dont make it down in great numbers here in nsw looks as though all you qld meathunters slay them all before they get here and you all think its cool too....think about it

speedy
31-10-2005, 09:24 AM
you dont want to give away that mark do you ???? if u dont mind email it to me jasonhamlin83@hotmail.com

mackmauler
31-10-2005, 09:38 AM
do you want to wear a red cross on ya arse down in the vally ;D

DICER
31-10-2005, 09:55 AM
strewth - love that first pic with the cobia following in - that fish one the line must have a red cross on it's a-hol

spaniard
31-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Pharq2,
I guess its just one more thing QLD can beat nsw in ;D

DaMaGe
31-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Nice, catch.
To and far between out there though

kleiny
31-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Nice work Spaniard & foxy bet the arms are nicely streched.
kleiny

fisho
31-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Sounds like a great session but go easy on the cobes won't you boys? ;)

Badone
02-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Is it just me or are 30 Cobes in one session being just a little greedy.

mackmauler
02-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Its just you, the bag limit is 10PP which they kept, nothing greedy about releasing another 10 is there ::)

Fishinmishin
02-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Pharq off people ;D :-X.

Emporer
02-11-2005, 12:56 PM
I agree mackmauler. I'm getting a little tired of seeing people get cut down on this site when they have done the right thing. Good on you guys for having a great session. Bet that trip is burnt into the memory banks forever....

<><

DougHanning
02-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Good work fellas. The other day my dad and I went to the fishmarkets and saw one guy bring in over a ton of cobia 8-10kg. Not having a go at the pros thats there job, but our catches as recreational guys have to be put in perspective. Especially the number of trips we make for a couple of fish. Better off going hard on the cobes cause they generally get less commercial and rec pressure than other species. Thats what limits are for- to reach ;)

Badone
02-11-2005, 02:54 PM
30 fish at say 8kg each = 240kg whole = 180kg filletts. It might be legal but I think it is going a bit far.

mackmauler
02-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Are you saying the bag limit is now 15PP ;D

chemmy
02-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Look mate I am tired of people that want people that can catch good fish in good numbers to relace their fish just because you can't catch them they are with in their legal limit and they shouldn't be hassled if you don't like it then tuff tittys

darryl_l
02-11-2005, 03:25 PM
One has to laugh at a few of the comments on this thread as you will find some of the people have very different views if it is another species that is caught. Those people should know who I am talking about.

So long as people are not breaking the law then there should be no problem in people BAGGING OUT regardless of the species and whether they keep all of them hey everyone.

Darryl L

scuttlebutt
02-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Valid point Darryl. Marlin anyone?

cheers,

steve

darryl_l
02-11-2005, 04:33 PM
LOL scuttlebutt,

I don't know what you mean ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Darryl L

Badone
02-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Fair enough boys, If you have an opinion and don't express it then what is the point of these forums. By the way Chemmy I caught 11 cobes at Curtain at the begginning of Oct and kept 2.

duckbill
02-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Badone

I kind of agree with you. Bag limits shouldn't be a target to strive for but a maximum limit, it all comes down to common sense on what is a "reasonable" limit, and if people carry on filling up their eskys like that one day they will regret it...

To think that recreational fishing has a minimal impact is shortsighted at best, and the usual excuse of pro fishers taking more is as well.

I'll get off the soap box now, I have got that off my chest. I won't bother anyone anymore with my rants, take it as you will, it's only my personal opinion.

spaniard
02-11-2005, 07:23 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D
It's good to see people having a fun time on this post, foxy and I sure did when we were out fishing.

For those that can't read THE BAG LIMIT IS 10 PER PERSON.
For general information the fish went to a lot of people, and I actually didn't keep any, call me stupid but I would rather see other people get a feed of fish before myself because these are people who ,either can't go fishing or are restricted to rivers and creeks, love eating fish but are restricted in getting it.
If you have a good spot that you know you can get a feed on then you can probably fish it once every couple of months and maybe you might still be getting a feed from this spot in 20years from now.
Now if you have several of these spots then you could probably rotate it over several months then maybe my kids can fish it when there my age, and if your kids want to do the right thing then hey, these spots may just keep producing for long time.

Now thats just my opinion which is what this forum is all about right. So agree, disagree I'm not really fussed because it's your opinion and your entitled to it.

I feel good because I helped some people out and had fun doing it which is what fishing is about ( having fun ).

Hope you enjoy the read and keep posting as it would be awesome to get over 50 reply's to 1 post. Now that would be a personal best I would never repeat. ;D

Cheers Paul

02-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Very very well said duckbill. I totally agree.

My opinion is as follows:

1) The facts are: these fella's did not do anything wrong at all and each to their own how many fish they want to be keep.

2) Bag limits, should they be questioned? I personally think the bag limit of 10 cobia is abit over the top. Fair enough they all dont grow to the sizes we have seen caught on these boards lately but that's alot of fish to be kept and distributed by the ONE individual. A bag limit with size restrictions I think is the go. Bag limits should be in place to ensure equitable current and some future consumption of fish I think.

Could you imagine a fisho who e.g. catches 10 brutes the size that fishinmisin has been catching em at. That would be a bit much dont you think? Again, I think the ohnus is on fisheries and I am sure we are all aware of the inherent inefficiencies of the system :D

3) I think most anglers here on these boards are responsible anglers who definately see the point of conservation for the future (unless there are still some of the old-school kill for show anglers around #:-? ). I am sure they want their kids to have the opportunity to catch fish in the future. We shouldn't question how many they keep but there are always those who cant help themselves. #Treat posts like these as constant reminders and there are positives to be had.

4) And chemmy; your post was interpreted by ME to be abit of a smartass comment hence my reply (excuse me but I cant stand smartasses). You of all people can sure talk bro; ignorance is not an excuse my friend ;D. In saying that, i can see why YOU would be fed-up with people commenting on bag limits etc :o #

Regards
CT

02-11-2005, 08:05 PM
I didn't read your reply before posting Paul, here is to helping you reach your 50 post reply target.

All I have to say is that we could do with more people in this world that have that sharing attitude you possess when it comes to fishing.

Regards
CT

spaniard
02-11-2005, 08:47 PM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] Thanks CT.

Damm it I just put another reply on.

Reefmaster
02-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Well shame on you blokes killing all those cobia. :) ;D ::)
There you go Paul here's another post to reach that 50. 8-)
You now owe me a six pack next time i see you. :)

Cheers Greg

vertico
02-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Paul and Dave, great work on the cobes
they are around in force this season and we should see alot more cobe
reports like this one.

well done boys

dazza
02-11-2005, 10:14 PM
hi paul,
almost at your 50 replies.
my 2 bobs worth to stir the pot.
personally i cant see why you guy's would keep so many cobia when you get offshore fairly regularly and catch very good quality fish. give me a bit of red over a bit of cobia any day, but as you said you got a feed for a few people. not my go, but each to their own. they are a heap of fun though. we got our fish on spinning pillies ;D ;D ;D
cheers
dazza

reeldreamer
02-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Number 50 post! ;D

Nice fish mate keep up the good work! As snappa says "Fillet and Realease"

Mitch

[smiley=laola.gif]

Jeremy
03-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Let's all accept that this is a chat board. People should not be bagged for expressing their opinions, provided it is done in the right manner.

Also, criticism of someone else keeping alot of fish has nothing to do with whether they are a successful fisher or not. Not everyone on here posts reports about all their catches. Chemmy you have a big head and need to pull it in. Wasn't too long ago you couldn't catch jack. Luck boy you've got daddy to take you fishing aren't you?

There can be a difference between doing what is legal (ie keeping within bag limits) and what is 'right'. I just hope there really are heaps of cobes out there, and that this isn't just an exceptional year for them.

Jeremy

Mad_fisherman
06-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Awesome Catch Lads.

jealiously is a curse!!!

Cheers

MAD!

manacubus
07-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Yes it was a great catch, and yes, you didnt do anything wrong according to the rule book. But seriously, keeping 30 cobes was overkill. If you don't want to hear this, then don't post catches like that on the internet.

Good on the people who stuck it up ya! If we're a little bit sensible maybe our kids will have a chance.

Thunderbird
08-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Fellas that's just greedy, but that's my opinion. i've bit my tounge on this one for a while. but seeing this is a forum and everyone's opinion is shared. I personaly wouldn't do it and don't do it.. and even if i did i wouldn't be able to afford the phone calls to let everyone know to come round and pick up some fish.
A lot of people look up to you guys on this site.. Remember that.
It's not like you guys only go fishing once a year.
Everyone winges about the goverment closing areas, reducing bag limits and increasing legal sizes.....Well i wonder why.?
Food for thaught but i bet you are eating cobia........... :-?

caloundra
08-11-2005, 12:37 PM
reply #55

well done paul and dave that would have been a great day
and I'm sure your arms feel abit longer after a session like that
its great to give your neighbours/friends a feed aswell nothing wrong with that at all

Daniel

dfox
08-11-2005, 01:15 PM
I admit i catch alot of fish over a given time, heaps more then i could ever hope to eat. Reef species like snapper, pearlies etc are all good and well, but in my local area im a big supplier of fish not only to friends and relatives but every old person in my street gets fish off of me, not for money but as a treat.Come christmas time i get more chrissy cards then anyone i know.
This is where the problem lies, old people fear getting bones in there fish and cobia and mackeral are two types of fish that are not only easy to fillet but i can guarantee no bones.Now mackeral dont freeze and keep as well as cobia and if i go out once in a year and bag out on "cobia" and thats 10 fish people, ill bloody well take my ten and do with them what i please.
This year ive caught and released more fish then many of you may have done in a life time, ask regulars on this site how many large snapper and pearlies i let go on some trips, it would horrify many of you.
I shouldnt have to justify myself cause people who know me know better but for those that dont, i dont kill for greed ,there always purpose to the cause.
Many people cant catch or afford our local seafood and the delight of giving some away is very rewarding, try it...foxy

Black_Rat
08-11-2005, 02:09 PM
There just jealous Foxy #;D (including me) #::) given that most of us wish we were in the #10% of fisherpersons catching 90% of the fish #;D
Damo

smerl
08-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Good on ya Foxy. Keep the reports coming. They inspire me to get out there more often. I also agree with feeding the elderly neighbours fish whenever possible. I try and do it as well - although I'm sure mine aren't nearly as well fed as yours ;)

BigE
08-11-2005, 06:43 PM
nice cobes boys .............. if you caught your bag good luck to ya ........ some people just can't stand to see someone else use there own judgement. nothing worse than holier than thou.

Keep fishin guys
BigE

caloundra
08-11-2005, 08:02 PM
I have a simular problem
when I clean my fish at the ramp the old folk sit on the seats near by and watch me clean them .when I ask if any would like some they all pull bags out of their pockets and line up
and very little fish ends up comming home with me
It feels good to give some of the old fisho's a feed I'm sure they enjoy it

Daniel

rocket
08-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Wel done Paul and Dave,

One of the reasons I joined this site was to enjoy sharing the fishing experiences of other succesful fisherman and ESPECIALLY the better catches (within bag limits of course). Another enjoyable aspect is the fact that it seems that we have a relatively educated forum here that is able to write an exciting and well versed account of their photographs (IN THE FISHING WORLD THAT IS AWESOME!!!). Thanks Foxy and co.

How boring would the posts be if we relied on the likes of the "SAVE THE EVERYTHING FOR OUR CHILDREN BRIGADE". (E.g: We only fished for a couple of hours cause we caught two fish, we didn't take photos cause we didn't want to stress the poor critters and sorry we don't have any photos of any big ones cause our 6lb braid couldn't handle any of them).

I have children and so being reponsible ... I stick to my bag limits and size limits and yes ... I feed my four children on a very healthy seafood diet. All my kids enjoy seafood more than meat and chicken ... and why would that be?!?!? Because we prefer to eat fresh seafood than most other foodstuffs. I believe that a large percentage of this "holier than thou" brigade (As is the case in the circles I frequent) don't even like seafood and so believe that it is more important to enjoy the thrill of the catch than the whole process of catch your groceries and provide the best possible (non steroidal injected/chemically saturated) foodstuffs for your very precious offspring.

Duh ... what's more important your children being able to catch a few more fish or living longer due to a healthy/natural diet?!?!

I will make this a picky and pointed viewpoint because I cannot stand to see people under the guise of a self righteous conservationist state that their opinion is "right"!!! This is just another way of saying that everyone that doesn't share the same ideals is "wrong"!?

Badone, manacubus, pharq2 (All new members I might add) Save the criticism or make it constructive. Take a lesson in reading and mathematics. As aforementioned their were twenty cobia kept not thirty ... also you tell me how you can even possibly get 180kg of fillets off 240kg of cobia. I've filleted and weighed the edible portions of tens of tonnes of fish and you would be lucky to get 90 to 100kg of fillets. I make these points because if your going to sledge someone please ensure that you are armed with the facts as other people read these posts and form opinions from uneducated guestimates or misrepresentation of the facts.

Jeremy ... leave Chemmy alone!?!?!?

You're the reason that I have elected to respond. How hypocritical to state that a person should be allowed to express a viewpoint and in the same post tell everyone on this forum that your viewpoint is "RIGHT" and that a young very active and exciting member (one of our children) should "Pull his head in ... AND ... wasn't long ago you couldn't catch jack ... AND THEN ... Lucky boy you've got daddy to take you fishing?!?!?"

If it's not bad enough to make a personal attack on the young fellow you then take on the underlying values of his father son relationship!?!? I love seeing his posts and especially the improvements, personal bests, and the interaction with his dad!!

I nearly left this forum after being hammered by the likes of Jeremy and co and personally I would hate to miss seeing the development of our young member Chemmy should he leave this forum after being subjected to the immature "apparent" moralistic barrage from the misguided self righteous element.

Oh yeah ... did I say well done boys ... great catch ... I'm old have four kids and love fish especially cobia so if you have any spare fillets from the "90 KILOS OFF YOUR 20 COBIA" I also work for QR so drop me a line ... or fillet!?!? :)

Fixation
09-11-2005, 08:53 AM
I couldn't agree with you more rocket. I love this site and I can't stand seeing people getting hammered about keeping fish. The accusers should probably find out a little more information before making fools of themselves by making assumptions.

Good report fellas. Keep the reports coming!

manacubus
09-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi there rocket

Don't tell people to "save the criticism" just because they're expressing an opinion. That's what a forum is all about. Debate is healthy, and education is (hopefully?) the result. My opinion (and that of a lot of others it seems) is that coming home with 20 cobia in the fish box is overkill, regardless of the fact that doing so complies with regulations. I’m speaking as an avid fisherman (who keeps and eats fish!) and someone with a degree in Marine Biology.

There’s a big difference between feeding your family and friends and being in a position where you need to “get rid of fish” by walking the neighbourhood.

Let me pose a question for you. If 20 cobia between two is fine, what about taking along a couple of mates? Is 40 cobes between four okay too? What about 60 cobes? Still okay? When is enough enough?

Incidentally mate, I too work for QR! ;)

Badone
09-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Rocket, Does constructive criticism mean we have to agree with every post. An opinion is just that, an opinion. That is why this is a forum not a mutual appreciation society. Also I stand corrected ONLY 20 Cobia were kept not 30 not that it makes a hell of a difference. One more point if you are only getting 90kgs of filletts from 240kg of whole fish (Cobia especially) then maybe you need to change the way you cut fish up.

opimax
09-11-2005, 06:55 PM
gidday all,
As a part time looker aT AUSFISH lately, I would like to put my veiws on the above topic ::)
1 I am a fisher that loves to kill fish for the consumption of them tasty morsels!!
2. Bag limits are generallly up the s#*t and need to be looked at. (5 snapper and pearlies at 35cm needs to be looked at asap
3. Have on the last few trips got on to a hot cobia bite 4 people on board each time and taken 8 fish, the rest were catch and release.
so i surpose its up to the angler to say when is the esky full,because it is his right as a fisho to do that.
5 i would not keep that many & it seems to me to be a overkill of a fish just because they were there.
6 ibelieve that what comes around goes around.
7 dave this is not a attack on you hope to have a beer shorty
8 being a fishing site just giving my veiw on a subjert well worthwhile
9 letts look at changing these bag limits that are out of touch
any way fingers are sore sea you on the water lee

SHARKY
09-11-2005, 10:59 PM
90 kg of fillets is about a 40% yeild which is as good as any professional fish filleter will produce off cobia (large head) ;). Next time you cut a fish up Badone weigh the frame,gut,skin and bones seperate to the end fillet and you might find that you are the one who needs a filleting lesson ::).Better to keep 10 large fish like Cobia which are common worldwide than to catch less common fish.Great catch guys well done. :) :)

Sportfish_5
09-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Dave, Paul - Well done guys looks like a hot session in and out of the water ::)

Lots of opinions here which is great as we are all entittled to them but I think the main point here is that Dave and Paul stayed within baglimits and more importantly knew what they were going to do with the fish and NOTHING was wasted.

Manacubus - I agree with a lot of what you are speaking about but you have also assumed that the guys go on some sort of street door-knockathon trying to give away fish which knowing Dave and Paul I doubt 100%. Dave has already addressed this in his post. Hell if I was a pensioner, lived in Foxies street, knew him well and saw him going out then I reckon there would be a pretty good chance of getting a feed on most occassions :P I also think if we are all going to be honest about this subject then we all need to acknowledge that we have taken more fish than we needed for our imediate consumption while still staying within the bag limits. I do most times I fish because I always make sure I have some for my family on both sides as they cannot or dont fish themselves but I stress that I always staywithin the rules.

If the boys did not have a use for their baglimit then I have no doubt (as they have shown in previous posts) they would have not kept as many - end of story. It would have been something to cry out and protest loudly about if they all just went into a freezer or used for burley but they weren't.

Cheers

Greg

Fishinmishin
09-11-2005, 11:50 PM
I copped a comment or two about my cobes I kept but as I said and will say again, 'Have your opinion, but you wanna be rude about it we can talk face to face'. I'm not gonna be bullied by wimps over the screen.
I'm all for looking after our fish stocks as every trip out we usually kept only the 1st cobia caught each even though pleanty more were at the back of the boat begging to be caught. I too share my catch with family and freinds and when the freezer is low...I will go fill it again. Some of my family and freinds can't spend the $ to go eat fresh fish as much as they like to, and I have no problems in helping them out. I never waste or disrespect my catch.
Why arn't you guys at the supermarket and fishshops yelling at them for the amounts of fish they sell or finding Joe Blow who eats heaps of seafood everyday and telling him off. It all comes from the same ocean. Paul and Dave were well in their rights to keep what they caught just as you are all entitled to your opinions. What I don't agree with is using one post to try to gang up on other members and force your opinion down their throat. I usually don't keep that many fish when they are hot, but if i choose to on the day, then that's MY choice.
There has been soooo many posts with bag limits of a few species reached for everyone onboard which have gone untouched by your comments. Something does need to be done with some bag limits and we all know DPI hasn't got a clue but all these posts concentrating on this one report seems to have gone far enough and your point was heard a couple pages back.
Well done Dave and Paul.
Cheers, Jay

Fishinmishin
10-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Too right Greg ;). If you posted before I started typing you would have saved me some keystrokes ;D.

Sportfish_5
10-11-2005, 12:03 AM
LMAO ;) ;) ;)

Paul - up to 70 posts now champ ;D ;D ;D ;D

spaniard
10-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Well hopefully this is the last post [smiley=stop.gif]

Why you might ask, well thats simple : I've had an absolute gutful of people having a go at Dave and myself that can't even get there bl**DY FACTS STRAIGHT .

I've said before that I don't mind people expressing their opinions and that still stands, but fair go boys at least know what the hell your talking about.
For those that do not believe some of the things said on this topic and think that I'm at home feasting on cobia then you can stick those comments fair up your shirt. I don't care for it and its a waste of peoples time reading it.

Greg, Jay and others thanks for the support [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Now hopefully this might fade away into the back pages like it should of at post 50 .

Cheers Paul.

P.S
If you still want to have a go at me, at least make it constructive.

Burley_Boy
10-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Nahh bugger that you won't get the last word its only 10pmish and I've only had a few reds. Great trip and good friggin onya for catching more than I can dare dream about and sharing it around too.
They're not an endangered species and won't be as long as the average fisho catches my average. You catching heaps has bugger all to do with my lower catchrate but if you teach all off us how to be as skilful as you we might have to revise the quotas!! (I'd love to add to the problem and thus please keep the tips flowing my way.)

Thanks heaps guys for being an inspiration in that I can get better at this, and thanks for the rest of you to make me think twice if I ever got to the problem of hitting the limit. (but you can relax as i lack the time and skill to seriously impact the fish stocks.) Mind you the new boat has space for a large esky!!!