PDA

View Full Version : Caloundra Sat 19/11 snapper and doggies

Jeremy
20-11-2005, 11:37 AM
fished the shipping channel off Bribie Sat morning. Bar crossing was exciting! First drop with a jig resulted in a bustoff as a schoolie took the jig at the boat. Drag a fraction too tight on the 3 kg spin gear. Second drop results in a 6.75 kg mack tuna on my 6 kg spin outfit. Caught two schoolies in the next 30 minutes or so, both around 2.5 kg, a yellowtail king 53 cm, and a snapper 4.6 kg, all on my 3 kg spin gear. Went out to the 5 mile area (GPS is at the 'doctor' at present), so had alot of trouble finding any ground and shows. Managed to burley up a little hammerhead that didn't stay around, and then a dollie which took a pilchard but didn't hook up. Trolled around for a bit, then came back in a lost some more slugs to the mackerel. Have a shot of the snapper I will try to post later.

Jeremy

Jeremy
20-11-2005, 11:57 AM
snapper on camera phone back at home

lukesnapper
20-11-2005, 12:31 PM
top day jeremy, thats a good lookin snapper u got there i bet ure stoked with that catch.

isaac
20-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Good fish, on cotton too, gotta be happy with that. cheers isaac

webby
20-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Good trip Jeremy, though you had gone walkabout, no hear for sometime. ;D
You and your cotton lines ;)
Will have to arrange a trip with You and Damon one of these fine days and it wont be shark hunting ;).
regards

SeaSaw
20-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Great catch on the light gear Jeremy. Was the swell still getting in on Caloundra .... would have been interesting in the tiny :o

Cheers,

Mark

Streaker
21-11-2005, 06:34 AM
Well done Jeremy good to have a chat with you Saturday.
Wayne

jeffo
21-11-2005, 06:47 AM
mark- the swell never really picked up here last week. and any that was there had all gone by sat am.

Jeremy
21-11-2005, 06:53 AM
been away for a couple of weeks. First week up at Awoonga (see report in freshwater started by Pelagic_chaser) and second week in Brissie.

Was taking a new club member for his first trip chasing tuna and mackerel. Unfortunately his gear wasn't up to it and he only got the one little yellowtail king. Before anyone suggests it, I did offer my gear to him but he declined.

There was still a bit of swell running, although the seas had dropped right out and there was 5-10 knots of SW early. The bar crossing on the bottom of the tide going out saw me having to time my run through white water to take waves green and a couple just after they had broken. Got the adrenalin pumping. Coming in at high tide was alot easier.

Good to chat to Wayne on the water. Didn't seem to be any other ausfishers out there on ch21.

Webby, have sent you a pm.

Jeremy

Bonesy
21-11-2005, 07:35 AM
thats a good snapper there ;) I bet it put on a fight ;D
Bonesy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]