PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Gold Coast Saturday 19th Nov

Colorado
21-11-2005, 04:23 PM
First real attempt at a Billy for the light tackle season. Head out to the 50 Fathom area as that is where the water was best and at around 24.5 degrees was perfect for a Billy.

We found a coupl of good bait schools and jigged up a couple of Slimy's. Drifted and trolled around them for a couple of hours for no result. As the current was running hard we decided to go for a bit of a troll.

Lures out and as the Third lure was set a good Sailfish came up and had a shot at one of the lures. Unfortunatly did not hook up but stayed in the pattern. Managed to tease it up and get it to have another go only to run 30m and drop it again.

Circled round and had a small Black Marlin come up on the short and have a look. As this was happening a nice Mahi Mahi took one of the other lures. With the Black still interested I tried to tease it up only to have another Mahi Mahi take the lure from infont of it. Mahi Mahi can be a pain in the bum some times. With a double on Mahi Mahi the Black lost interest as not to be seen again.

Put the first fish in the boat and went about getting the second only to seeit and its mate free swimming along side. Dispatched a Slimy which was smashed immediatly and we had no.3 on. Good fight on 8kg and we had enough Mahi Mahi to feed all our families.

Set the pattern back out and did not see another thing for the rest of the day. Pulled the stumps at 1 and back by 2pm for a couple of coldies.

Looks like it is starting to hot up with a couple of other Billies seen and a good 70kg Striped Marlin tagged by other boats on the weekend off the coast.

vertico
21-11-2005, 04:25 PM
nice dollie

Why-ting
21-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Good lookin fish, love the colours on them when u first get them out of the water. Unlucky bout the billys. better luck next time, nice report.

Burley_Boy
21-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks Colorado, you're an inspiration. Thanks :)

Smithy
22-11-2005, 06:14 AM
Stooge getting into his fishing a bit this year? #No women to be picked up mid morning I guess!

Franco
22-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Nice feed, even if no luck on the blacks anyway Leigh. Great shot of the colours on the dollie, but how bout a bigger photo?

Then again, I'm not sure we want to see a larger image of you lads with your shirts off! The hippies might find the sight of your Dollie with a gaff in its head offensive, but I can tell you what's a bigger turn off!! ;D ;D

Well done, looking forward to photos with the blacks this season.
Catch ya soon mate!

PS Got a few more jacks report coming soon.

blue_rogue
22-11-2005, 07:35 AM
Nice dolly Leigh.

Back luck about the sail,

You heard about our dramas on Sunday. Had to come straight back after the oil alarm came on. Will never not check the oil tank before going out again.

Water was beautiful in around the 70 metre line. Very disappointing after getting the outriggers all set up and then having to come straight back in.

Nice work

Dom

Colorado
22-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Sorry Franco, Footy offseason always puts on a few extra kgs.

Smithy, Stooge is going to be fishing alot more this summer. He doesn't have to chase them he now, just brings them out on the water with him.

Hope the resizd photo's work

Colorado
22-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Here is the end result. All fish were very much the same size. 2 cows and a Bull. He must have been having a 3some.

flickflack
22-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Nice pics Leigh

Definately time to have a crack at the Billies, might see if I can get Kev to go for a run for them on Monday in between jigging.

Cheers Rod