PDA

View Full Version : Noosa Offshore 22/11

mjc85
22-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Went out today on near high tide at 9.30am, was pretty godd conditons. Jigged some live bait at jew shoal and went out to North Reef, caught a few snapper and sweetlip and a nice maori cod and plenty of slimy mackerel taking out baits.

On the way back over jew shoal there was some montrous tuna est. 1m+ in length smashing up the surface and a school of setimated 50+ reef sharks (never seen sharks in plague proportions like this before :o) circling the tuna action.

The tuna wouldn't take anything i threw at them including 20gram raider, 10gram raider, 25gram gillies, 40 gram gillies couple of different colour river2sea sea rocks. Why would they have not shown any interest in my lures at all ? Most of the time i was right in the middle of the action.

philip_thomson
22-11-2005, 06:07 PM
glad to see you managed a few nice fish. some times the tuna will be very fussy and will not touch what ever you throw at them.

swano
22-11-2005, 07:08 PM
try a biggish softy and let it sink through the top feeders there is usually a few big fellas under the small models #;)

bballfisho
22-11-2005, 07:50 PM
sounds like you had a good day. North reef is a pretty good spot for the reefies and cobes. i seem to get the same problem with the pelagics off noosa i havent managed one yet, its hard to tempt them sometimes.

gotwet
22-11-2005, 08:54 PM
sounds like you had a good day. North reef is a pretty good spot for the reefies and cobes. i seem to get the same problem with the pelagics off noosa i havent managed one yet, its hard to tempt them sometimes.

bballfisho

just go and float a few pillies down a burly trail with no wire on and i bet you get bitten off in no time at all. my mate had 5 hits and 5 bust ups or bit offs today his tally no macs my tally 2 out of 2 macs.

cheers mal