PDA

View Full Version : sydney rocks

mattyj
22-11-2005, 09:47 PM
gday to those whom are reading

This report a little late but last Sunday 13 Nov 05 got out on the rocks between 8am and 12 as boat is out of action and had a great day. Blackfish are on the bite and all of a good size most around the two kg and over bagged 11 all up between two and after looking for a change cast some lures all metals varies sizes and colors but those mainly white in color or white and blue worked the best with Kingies smashing them, only problem those i was able to get onto the rocks were 57cm had to put em back :( but had salmon hitting as well giving an excellent fight with extensive arials. All up caught 6 Kingies 4 Salmon an aray of slimies 11 black fish and 1 small pinky taking a metal. keeping the lures low in water and large quick movements worked the best. By the way this was in the sorta botany area.
Good luck and tight lines will try to get reports in quicker next time but seems fish ariving early this season.
matty

lukesnapper
23-11-2005, 03:57 PM
good catch mattyj, who needs a boat hey!!! ;)

cuzzamundi
23-11-2005, 04:50 PM
great effort mattyj! whereabouts approx. were you? any good spots in eastern suburbs?

cheers,

cuzza

mattyj
23-11-2005, 06:18 PM
hey
cuzza a couple good spots but you need to walk in are north head botany walk across golf course towards northern end you cant get right down to rocks but not bad fishing probly one of the best spots is south botany go to kurnell walk in along the oil refinery following the tracks once at rocks follow to right and you will see an incline down them once down any spot in the low swell will produce. Best bit cause its a slight walk in 15 - 20 min very rarely is there anyone else so you can take your pick of spots and its not over fished.

land_based
23-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Head north cuzza to the hawkesberry!!! Get yourself down to flint and steel. I picked up my first jew and kingie off these rocks, great spot. What are you doing down there ???

Fishin_Dan
23-11-2005, 07:47 PM
That spot at Kurnell has seen MANY fish caught! It's a great Land Based fishing spot!!!

flickflack
23-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Good effort off the rocks mate.

cuzzamundi
23-11-2005, 09:12 PM
thanks heaps for the advice mattyj and landbased! will give it a go sometime if i ever get my rods down from up home. im down here cos its where the work is for me landbased - only reason! be back for chrissy so cant wait! ava good one.

cuzza

agro
23-11-2005, 09:32 PM
gday do you know any good landbased fishing spots on the nth side or on the central coast as I'm down from Qld on and off over the next couple of months, I desperately need some R & R and peace and quite

land_based
23-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Gday agro, ive only really fished the hawkesberry but being such a huge system theres a million landbased spots to fish. One of the more scenic and relaxing i find is apple tree bay just near bobbin head, plenty of bread and butter species there and many a big jew to be caught. Also try under the rail bridge further up te river, i caught a 46cm bream there !!! 8-)

Fishin_Dan
24-11-2005, 08:33 AM
gday do you know any good landbased fishing spots on the nth side or on the central coast as I'm down from Qld on and off over the next couple of months, I desperately need some R & R and peace and quite

Where abouts on the northside agro? The north heads of Sydney Harbour fishes very well... You can get some very big fish from there! Tailor, Salmon, Kingies, Bream, etc, etc....