PDA

View Full Version : Short report......no pics

finding_time
27-11-2005, 04:36 PM
saturday morning palm beach reef ... 5 spotties fall to macmauler slugs...... good size!!!! ;)

Ian

Spaniard_King
27-11-2005, 04:50 PM
geez Ian ::) saw your boat..thought nah wouldn't be you...lol

Plenty of bait gettin smashed hey... tiny white bait schools..very hard to match the hatch.

Garry

mackmauler
27-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Good to hear ;D

finding_time
27-11-2005, 05:38 PM
I was on the lookout for you garry must have missed you in the crowd !! the bait was tiny and fortunately so are robs slugs i found that you really had to cast virtually right on top of the fish to get any interest plus it was frustrating getting so many follows for so few hook ups. Watching the bow waves of the spots as they were about to strike was awesome! Conditions were fantastic.

Ian

Go the macmauler slug!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Spaniard_King
27-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Ian

I remember seeing your boat but cant remember if you had anchored?? I think you were on the moove chasing the schools

I had 2 others onboard and we were home by 7am #;D

Definately great conditions, did you come out of Currumbin??

I thought the numbers were down as far as boats go was expecting 50+.. the bar has put a lot of people off. I am sure there are a few lurkers who will let the word out ::) Queen st will have nuthin on this place in the next few weeks :'(

Garry

jeffo
27-11-2005, 06:50 PM
let the rape and pilage season begin.

finding_time
27-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Garry i was slowly motoring around chasing surface action mostly near the boat that the spearo's were working from. And trying to avoid the lunatic ( High speed ) trollers.

Left from Kennedy drive ramp and over the tweed bar i only hung around till 7.30 myself as had to be up at the spit by 8.30 to be a support boat for the boys in the outrigger canoe race, then followed them all the way back to currumbin.

Ian

finding_time
27-11-2005, 07:38 PM
let the rape and pilage season begin.

Jeffo

I thought that happened at the Banks this past winter!!!! :o :o

Ian

Ps. how did you do in the comp?

Spaniard_King
27-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Ian,

I was the boat anchored directly to the north of the spearos who'm I had to ask to move further away than what they originally intended as I didn't want to loose my lures in there wet suits ;D

Those high speed towers were somthing else ::) I didnt see em hook anything whilst towin.

The Currumbin bar is real dodgy too. had to leave 3 hrs after high.. wasn't confident of making it back in after that

Garry

bugman
28-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Ian,

I can't see any report from Friday :o What happened I sent you a text but it was pretty late.