PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Action

grumpyoldman
25-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Against my better judgement, I've been geeting up at 5:30am the last 3 days and walking Burleigh Beach with the Better Half and her cronies. The bird activity (feathered variety) has been the best I've seen for years!!! This morning (Friday) there were flocks of gulls, terns and shags as thick as fleas on a dog's back about 1km offshore from the nth headland to sth headland. Only a few boats on Palm Beach Reef but I reckon the mack's are well and truly here 'cos the baitfish certainly are. I'm hitting the water Sat but I reckon every man 'n his dog will be out if the weather's OK. Ain't it a bastard having to work during the week?

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!! :o :o :o

skippa
25-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Geez,

Walking the beach at 5.30 watchin all that bird activity would drive me nuts (some people already think I am) I'd be in that haines and scooting across the water quick smart.

You'd get a better workout chasing those macs, just ask Darryl how he felt after his 3 longtails ;D

I'll be watching this space. 8-)

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

Darryl
25-11-2005, 08:21 PM
I felt like death was immenent tony, i nearly needed a bloody oxyviva ;D ;D

skippa
25-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Oh,

So that wasn't a bad photo, that's how you really look?? ;D ;D

You know if you splash a bit of (salt)water on your face it'll keep you looking younger ;D

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

flickflack
25-11-2005, 09:12 PM
I been watching them going past the restaurant every aavo just before opening time , driving me nuts . Am trying to hide in the kitchen now. You can see the fish crashing into the bait just behind the backline off Kira beach. This bloody work thing. :( :(

Somethn_Fishy
25-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Bring on the macks and Hoo!!!

I have got a few new Tyrnos reels to get some blood on!!
Rod - I was in your restaurant a few weeks back - good chicken and ribs.... You were in the back cooking so i didn't thikn i should disturb you coz i was hungry ;)...

We will have to catch up soon and have a fish sometime.. I'm fitting some outriggers to the old girl to do some serious trolling this year... anyhow will try to keep in touch and maybe hook up a fishing trip..

Cheers Rick

vertico
28-11-2005, 04:24 PM
think i might duck out there tomorrow :)

Franco
28-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Well the good water is in boys.

Went out yesterday, the blue water line was in around 45m, clean as a whistle.

We scored 1 Dolphinfish around 9 kg, heaps of tuna, and dropped a small marlin 20m from the boat. It's gunna be a good one!!

gropeher
28-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Nah,
it aint what it seems boys, talking to my workmate today he had last week off and hit mermaid etc last Thursday and Friday, he said the bait was boiling, the birds were thick as thieves and he only caught 3 Mac tuna. If the spotties were there, he would have caught them as he usually bags out on them and he taught me the rig to use.

Cheers Ryan..

XLR8
28-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Yes well, Gold Coast Action
I have been getting stuck into the spotties for the last two weeks. My prediction is that we will see some news reports of bait getting crash on the shore in the next two week when the weather fines up.
I took a holidaying swedish guy out in the sloppy conditions on friday and got some sizable spotties.

Bring on the action

Cookie

vertico
28-11-2005, 06:12 PM
finding_time caught 5 there the other day ?
might go for a look tomorrow anyhow

28-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Where have you been fishing XLR8? Just the general areas or some spot x of yours?